The Student Room Group

biology

hello i have a biology exam tomorrow any tips?
Reply 1
Read the godamn question. Read the title of the section you are doing, e.g question ones might be Evolution- then read the question. If you need to and it definitely helps under line command words and key words. Then re-read the question if needed. Take your time as well with the question and if it is a long question 3,4,6 you can plan out ideas in rough on the side of the page to jot down your ideas. Use all the time, every piece. It is there to be used, they don't give you an hour to do the examination in 40 minutes and dawdle for 20. Once done re read your answers see if you missed anything see if you made mistakes, many times people have checked their worked found errors and corrected them. Take water into the examination hall to stay hydrated as your body does depends on it. And definitely definitely don't stress, panic or freak out. Keep a calm mind and just write what you think and you will be fine :smile:
Reply 2
revise the least known topics and revise a lot on growing bactria as a 6 mark answer
Original post by nova pressure
hello i have a biology exam tomorrow any tips?

Sounds weird, but answer the question that is being asked. Not what want to answer.
Reply 4
Original post by jeff213
revise the least known topics and revise a lot on growing bactria as a 6 mark answer

you dont know what the 6 marker will be
revise everything evenly
Original post by andew_451
you dont know what the 6 marker will be
revise everything evenly

do you possibly have an idea what the foundation tier questions are like?
Original post by JakeAntonyBrown
Sounds weird, but answer the question that is being asked. Not what want to answer.

no sorry, i mean what might pop up questions wise.
Original post by nova pressure
no sorry, i mean what might pop up questions wise.

Ohhh...
Original post by andew_451
Read the godamn question. Read the title of the section you are doing, e.g question ones might be Evolution- then read the question. If you need to and it definitely helps under line command words and key words. Then re-read the question if needed. Take your time as well with the question and if it is a long question 3,4,6 you can plan out ideas in rough on the side of the page to jot down your ideas. Use all the time, every piece. It is there to be used, they don't give you an hour to do the examination in 40 minutes and dawdle for 20. Once done re read your answers see if you missed anything see if you made mistakes, many times people have checked their worked found errors and corrected them. Take water into the examination hall to stay hydrated as your body does depends on it. And definitely definitely don't stress, panic or freak out. Keep a calm mind and just write what you think and you will be fine :smile:

thank you for the advice
[video="youtube;hqPSd9QKbzs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqPSd9QKbzs[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest