The Student Room Group

Donald Trump

Scroll to see replies

I am still making up my mind as to whether he is a Christian or not. He rarely seems to refer to his faith in his speeches, unlike the previous candidates like Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz.
Reply 21
Original post by govtandpolitics
So you don't see any problems with his racist comments and his idea to build a wall???? A wall?!

No.
He wants to protect his country.
If that makes a man racist, then racist he is.
Reply 22
Original post by george_c00per
Being president of the USA is not Big Brother. He may have a "huge" personality but his supporters are incredibly dangerous, and many innocent families will be at risk if he comes into power.

This is your respected opinion.
Original post by M14B
This is your respected opinion.

Thanks..?
Original post by M14B
No.
He wants to protect his country.
If that makes a man racist, then racist he is.

And there are other ways to protect your country, rather than targeting an entire religion for the sake of a small minority. And in this day and age, it is ludicrous to believe that people like Trump think it is right to build a wall between two countries, to stop certain people coming in, and expect another country to pay for it.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 25
And there are other ways to protect your country, rather than targeting an entire religion for the sake of a small minority. And in this day and age, it is ludicrous to believe that people like Trump think it is right to build a ball between two countries, to stop certain people coming in, and expect another country to pay for it.

I respect your opinion but I do not share it.
Original post by M14B
I respect your opinion but I do not share it.

Fair enough :smile:
What are peoples opinion on Trump??!

He is a joke. He has no real policies nor does he have an identifiable vision for his presidency. His rhetoric changes to suit whatever the crowds want to hear.

He is thin-skinned and not a leader - the fact that he just could not move on from a silly joke about him having short fingers is off the scale ridiculous.

I think he is popular because people are tired of corrupt politicians but it is so naive to think that he will be any different. On the contrary, someone like him will be a very easy prey to whomever offers him the best business deal. He stands for nothing other than a reality show.

But he can certainly win. Americans are crazy.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Yellow 03
He is a joke. He has no real policies nor does he have an identifiable vision for his presidency. His rhetoric changes to suit whatever the crowds want to hear.

He is thin-skinned and not a leader - the fact that he just could not move on from a silly joke about him having short fingers is off the scale ridiculous.

I think he is popular because people are tired for corrupt politicians but it is so naive to think that he will be any different. On the contrary, someone like him will be a very easy prey to whomever offers him the best business deal. He stands for nothing other than a reality show.

But he can certainly win. Americans are crazy.

Well said :biggrin:
That Toupee turns me on, I don't know about you but damn

Seriously though, he is a vile man, like you need to be reevaluating yourself if you think he's gonna do anything good for the USA, I mean, apart from being blatantly sexist, racist, homophobic, transphobic etc etc, he'll run the country to the ground
He's gonna get a high vote because America's effed up man, and not enough young people are voting nowadays anyways

God Bless America indeed if they're left with that tyrant
Part of me likes me and part of me doesn't.
I think he can be quite funny, to the point where I actually enjoy him... but some of his policies are ridiculous. One example is that he believes women should be punished for having abortions.

I don't think he'll become president, though. He's too unpopular
He is a bit of an extreme nutcase, but over previous years, there have been worse ambitions.

Still, he's pretty bad.
Original post by Trapz99
I am still making up my mind as to whether he is a Christian or not. He rarely seems to refer to his faith in his speeches, unlike the previous candidates like Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz.

In my honest opinion, I really don't think he is. He's just playing to get their vote. He might know a thing or two but I think at the very least he's quite unreligious.

Ted Cruz was the last Christian standing, if you will.

Unless you count Clinton ofc :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
His idea of a Mexican wall is, frankly, dumb.
And he thinks he can make them pay for it due to a trade deficit? That's not how literally ANYTHING works.

Not to mention his estimate for how much it would cost shot up from about $5 billion to something closer to $20 billion, and that's not even mentioning how impractical it is, even the damn metal fence accross the boarder caused massive issues. Not to mention that most illegal immigrants get into the country legally and then just stay longer than they should.

I cannot comprehend the sheer stupidity needed to come up with that plan. It escapes words.

http://theconversation.com/donald-trump-just-how-good-a-businessman-is-he-53713 - he's probably a mediocre businessman at best.
He can't take criticism. He thinks people were celebrating in the street during 9/11. Most of the things he says he's going to do are FAR beyond the power of the president (thank God.)

All in all, the man just seems kinda dumb.
Original post by Josb
I don't know. He could be either a disaster or a solution for the blocked American politics. There is a higher chance that it will be the former though.

I think he'll just put advisers everywhere and they'll do the dirty work whilst he gets to be the face. If he does, it'll just be a bog-standard establishment presidency.

Either that or we get 'radical change' ofc: for better or for worse

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 35
Original post by chemting
I think he'll just put advisers everywhere and they'll do the dirty work whilst he gets to be the face. If he does, it'll just be a bog-standard establishment presidency.

Either that or we get 'radical change' ofc: for better or for worse

Posted from TSR Mobile

He doesn't have many advisers so far...

Donald Trump doesn't have much ideology, contrary to a guy like Ted Cruz whose beliefs were really set. Therefore, Trump could be quite flexible on several points and seek compromise. Optimistically, Trump would do that. The American system needs politicians that make deals; the Republicans have so far only made obstruction.

He could also be a complete disaster.
He would make a great President! Donald J. Trump's a born winner, and an amazing businessman. You don't become a billionaire by being absolutely stupid. Sure, he comes from a rich background. But, I doubt most people would be able to take a million dollars and use it to create a billion dollar empire. He's arrogant, narcissistic, and doesn't give a crap what people think of him. But, I think his heart's in the right place. He's said some controversial things, but I don't think he is evil. I think he can bring peace to the world, unlike career politicians like Obama or George W. Bush who have brought chaos to the middle east, and other parts of the world.

I think he's amazing, him and Bernie are a breath of fresh air. Unlike all the other career politicians that read from a teleprompter all the time, Donald Trump speaks his mind, and says it as it is. The fact that he appeals to people from the left, and right, shows you how much of a strong candidate he is. Everyone wrote him off, and yet he won the republican vote, by a landslide.

People are easily brainwashed to the point where if you say you like Donald Trump, you are called a racist, or a xenophobe. It's just how the media works. When people keep repeating the same lies, eventually you begin to believe them. We can see the same thing happening with Brexit. I think people should look at these issues with a sense of poise and rationality.
Donald Trump is modern day Hitler my friends
Original post by Josb
He doesn't have many advisers so far...

Maybe, but looking at the people who are now kissing up to him... if he offered you a place, would you reject?

Though a lot of people have gone against him.

Original post by Josb
Donald Trump doesn't have much ideology, contrary to a guy like Ted Cruz whose beliefs were really set. Therefore, Trump could be quite flexible on several points and seek compromise. Optimistically, Trump would do that. The American system needs politicians that make deals; the Republicans have so far only made obstruction.

True. He'll just say whatever is popular in the general to get elected - then just carry on the status quo. I think the he'll make deals and such is an optimistic outlook, but I don't know. I wouldn't be surprised though - and as you say he'd be much better at making deals than Republican/Tea Party obstructionism. At least, if he is like that, he will be a proper pragmatist, not a Hillary "incremental change" nonsense.

Original post by Josb
He could also be a complete disaster.

Part of me wants him to get elected purely to see the comedy that will unfold. Either you'll have a bunch of angry SJWs shouting racism or a bunch of salty alt-rights who realise Trump isn't really their nationalist messiah they hoped for: or both :tongue:

I realise there's a possibility that I totally eat my words and he will become this guy who changes the system.

Edit: the only 'policy' he hasn't flip flopped on, afaik, is immigration. So he has some ideology - but he could do anything outside of that.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending