The Student Room Group

Like a girl but not ready for relationship

I like a girl at my uni in the same year, course and same area of London. I started talking to her around 2.5 months ago face to face and on fb since uni finished 1 month ago. The issue is, is that I don't want a relationship right now at this point. I was thinking of just carrying on messaging her on fb since she is doing a placement year next year so won't be with me in my final year. I understand that I risk losing out on her by not asking her out, but I'm ready to take that risk.

Right now I dont think I'll be ready for a relationship for the next 6-7months; I'm more career focused atm. So the best I can do is carry on messaging her on fb. But I don't know if I can do this for the next 6-7months, I find it hard to start a convo with her on fb as it is. Currently I message her every 1.5-2 weeks, since it's exam season that's the main topic of discussion.

Any advice for my situation? I've got no experience with relationships btw.
Reply 1
And I don't think she's been in a relationship before too.
aww that's really cute. I think you should focus on your exams first, since that is the first step for your future. She probs wants to focus on her exams too most likely. Maybe you can message her straight after exams to break the ice and talk about how you were etc. Then you'll eventually talk to each other again :biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by rayestar
aww that's really cute. I think you should focus on your exams first, since that is the first step for your future. She probs wants to focus on her exams too most likely. Maybe you can message her straight after exams to break the ice and talk about how you were etc. Then you'll eventually talk to each other again :biggrin:

I'm just worried about staying in touch for the next 6-7 months cos I don't really know how to and how often.
Original post by Anonymous
I'm just worried about staying in touch for the next 6-7 months cos I don't really know how to and how often.

ohh right. If I were u, I would focus on exams really hard, since thats got a higher priority in my opinion. Just message her often or not at all, cos having an on and off convo is awkward. If u didnt message her during ur exams, then after exams message her straight away and say u were busy revising and couldnt message her, then arrange to hang out with her so u can b close friends again.
Reply 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending