The Student Room Group

Anyone need help with B1 AQA Biology Exam Tomorrow?

Hi, if you have any questions about the exam or any topics you are struggling just ask, I will be happy to help you!
Reply 1
Hi can you help me through a chat? or something I need a lot of help
I don't know what Genitic modificaton is. Can u plz explain
Original post by Suppkong
Hi can you help me through a chat? or something I need a lot of help

Of course you can, message me with all your questions and I will help! :biggrin:
Reply 4
its like a duplication of an organism's complete set of DNA using biotechnology. It is a set of technologies used to change the genetic makeup of cells, including the transfer of genes within and across species boundaries to produce improved or novel organisms. if that makes sense sorry thats the best i can help
Reply 5
Is Mitosis asexual reproduction? and what is it used for?
Original post by Suppkong
Is Mitosis asexual reproduction? and what is it used for?

Asexual.
Has anyone got a way to remember the female menstrual hormones, I'm finding it really hard to remember them.
Original post by helayna_sinagra
Has anyone got a way to remember the female menstrual hormones, I'm finding it really hard to remember them.

FSH starts the cycle it matures the egg and causes the production of oestrogen. Oestrogen then develops the womb lining. It inhibits Fsh production and causes the production of LH.
LH releases the egg (ovulation) and inhibits the production of oestrogen
Original post by helayna_sinagra

Hey, so a way to remember the female menstrual hormones is to remember it in a list, or at least, this helps me.
1. FSH
-FSH is released by the pituitary gland, and stimulates the release of oestrogen (2nd stage)
-It is the first hormone in the list, so stimulates the maturation of the egg (before anything else can occur)

2. OESTROGEN
-Oestrogen is released by the ovaries (think O and O), and stimulates the release of LH (3rd stage) and inhibits the release of FSH (1st stage)

3. LH
-LH is the last in the list, so stimulates the release of the egg (think of the egg going on a journey)

Sorry if you don't get it this way, but this is how I remember it at least!!
ok so i just did the b1 first aqa biology exam and although it was sh*t AF. i can still help you guys because i still have all of my revision still fresh in my mind MESSAGE ME IF YOU NEED ANYTHING/HELP ... :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest