The Student Room Group

Answering multiple times to a question

For example, (in AQA sciences, including the biology one tomorrow) if they ask for 2 reasons for something and you give 3 will you get the marks if two of the answers are correct and 1 isn't? - e.g first answer is correct, 2nd isn't and 3rd is, would you still get full marks? I'm pretty sure you would but I'm just double checking because I don't want to lose marks doing it tomorrow!
You would score 1 mark if two are correct and 1 isnt
Reply 2
Original post by IAmAnTroll
You would score 1 mark if two are correct and 1 isnt

Are you sure, if they're only asking for two reasons? I remember my teachers giving two marks in mocks if you got two reasons correct.
Original post by MCArth
For example, (in AQA sciences, including the biology one tomorrow) if they ask for 2 reasons for something and you give 3 will you get the marks if two of the answers are correct and 1 isn't? - e.g first answer is correct, 2nd isn't and 3rd is, would you still get full marks? I'm pretty sure you would but I'm just double checking because I don't want to lose marks doing it tomorrow!

You would only get one mark.
Original post by MCArth
Are you sure, if they're only asking for two reasons? I remember my teachers giving two marks in mocks if you got two reasons correct.

The main reason is if you put 3, you are showing that you are unsure about 1 so getting the extra one wrong would deduct a point from the one you got right.

Quick Reply

Latest