The Student Room Group

AQA AS Psychology unit 1 Old spec unofficial mark scheme

Scroll to see replies

Effectiveness of CI
Also tbere was a question refering to reliability 1+3 marks
Reply 22
Original post by Ummairshabbir49
Also tbere was a question refering to reliability 1+3 marks

I wrote about test retest method for the interview. Is that fine?
Original post by sonnu

I cant remmeebr the exact question so i have no clue, just vaguely remnebr there being one about reliability
Reply 24
it was 'how can ... ensure the data in table 1 is reliable'
Original post by sonnu

I did the same!
For the question where you tick the criteria matching insecure-resistant, did it not say 'intense distress' and then the other one was really vague like 'not easily consoled' - because i remember being confused
Original post by sonnu

I did the same! reliability - the extent to which a measure is consistent
test using test-retest ! hopefully that is right
For the reliably questions I said: reliability is consistency. I forgot about test retest. I simply stated that you could repeat the experiment, with another set of participants chosen with the same sampling technique that the original ones were selected by. Then compare the scores. How many marks would I have scraped? :tongue:
Reply 29
Original post by Jennie4444
For the reliably questions I said: reliability is consistency. I forgot about test retest. I simply stated that you could repeat the experiment, with another set of participants chosen with the same sampling technique that the original ones were selected by. Then compare the scores. How many marks would I have scraped? :tongue:

I pretty much wrote the same thing
I know it's early, but what do you think the grade boundaries will be. I think they could be higher, even though I found the paper more difficult. I messed up my A02 for both the 8 marker and 12 marker as I spent so long on A01. And I got confused by the Example of Qualitative Data question.
Reply 31
Original post by IWokeUpLikeThis
I know it's early, but what do you think the grade boundaries will be. I think they could be higher, even though I found the paper more difficult. I messed up my A02 for both the 8 marker and 12 marker as I spent so long on A01. And I got confused by the Example of Qualitative Data question.

I personally think they will be lower considering most people who sat the paper have had negative things to say
Original post by IWokeUpLikeThis

They will be low. A girl in my class wrote about Robertson for the last 12 marker even though it's on institutionalisation. I haven't told her; I can't bear to. The questions were abstract and nothing like the pp. Dw!:smile:
How many marks was this question worth 'Explain why babies didn't attach in poor quality daycare according to the learning theory. forgot to answer it
4 marks
Original post by Moss_Tran
How many marks was this question worth 'Explain why babies didn't attach in poor quality daycare according to the learning theory. forgot to answer it

4 marks.

I left that question until the end and rushed it. I talked about how through classical conditioning, the child couldn't associate the sense of pleasure with the staff, and for operant I talked about how behaviour isn'r reinforced, thus the child is unable to seek the person (staff) who is the source of the reward. I don't know if I was correct though.
Reply 36
I found the memory section ok (apart from that evaluation of the cognitive interview!)

Thought the attachment section was actually good...

Research methods... I just thought they were unfair!
Memory I thought was pretty good all round, but I made a few really stupid mistakes. I talked about Hodges and Tizard, Rutter and Robertson and Robertson with John but I wrote 4 pages for the 12 marker and messed up the research methods. A solid B would be fine for me, though obviously I want an A. I think the boundaries may be higher as the paper seemed relatively easy/okay for the most part.
Reply 38
Due to the 12 marker asking about the 'effects of institutional care' would reference to studies such as Spitz & Wolf, Skodak & Skeels and even daycare(NICHD/EPPE) be relevant to the question? Or was it solely looking for Hodges & Tizard and Rutter?
does anyone know whether it will be possible to resit this exam or been as though they've changed the exam specification is it the last exam paper (psay1/2) that they are doing?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending