The Student Room Group

Maths C1 and C2 edexcel exams 2016. I have one question

What do you think could be a really tricky questions in c1 and c2 the exam board could ask us. Also is it likely for the proof of the sum of arithmetic sequences to come up.
they might have some complicated arithmetic questions that you have to read carefully to understand it maybe. Like, do you know that dragon question on the past paper?
Or maybe proving graphs maybe...
What dragon question

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rayestar
they might have some complicated arithmetic questions that you have to read carefully to understand it maybe. Like, do you know that dragon question on the past paper?

Dragon question?
Proving graphs?
Reply 4
Having proof would be easy, it requires you to just memorise it but I don't mind either way
Reply 5

Oh yeah, 'cause graph theory turns up on C1 papers all the time.
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
What dragon question

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lewis played a game of space invaders. He scored points for each spaceship that he captured. Lewis scored 140 points for capturing his first spaceship. He scored 160 points for capturing his second spaceship, 180 points for capturing his third spaceship, and so on. The number of points scored for capturing each successive spaceship formed an arithmetic sequence.
(a) Find the number of points that Lewis scored for capturing his 20th spaceship. (2)
(b) Find the total number of points Lewis scored for capturing his first 20 spaceships. (3)

Sian played an adventure game. She scored points for each dragon that she captured. The number of points that Sian scored for capturing each successive dragon formed an arithmetic sequence. Sian captured n dragons and the total number of points that she scored for capturing all n dragons was 8500. Given that Sian scored 300 points for capturing her first dragon and then 700 points for capturing her nth dragon,
(c) find the value of n.

This was a past paper question which required a lot of reading...
January 2013
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Lewis played a game of space invaders. He scored points for each spaceship that he captured. Lewis scored 140 points for capturing his first spaceship. He scored 160 points for capturing his second spaceship, 180 points for capturing his third spaceship, and so on. The number of points scored for capturing each successive spaceship formed an arithmetic sequence.
(a) Find the number of points that Lewis scored for capturing his 20th spaceship. (2)
(b) Find the total number of points Lewis scored for capturing his first 20 spaceships. (3)

Sian played an adventure game. She scored points for each dragon that she captured. The number of points that Sian scored for capturing each successive dragon formed an arithmetic sequence. Sian captured n dragons and the total number of points that she scored for capturing all n dragons was 8500. Given that Sian scored 300 points for capturing her first dragon and then 700 points for capturing her nth dragon,
(c) find the value of n.
This was a past paper question which required a lot of reading...
January 2013

oooh right thank you. i think i will be fine with that because i have done quite a few papers. and what did you mean by proving graphs

Quick Reply

Latest