The Student Room Group

CIE A Level Physics Paper 41

Hey guys, we just took the A level physics paper 4 from CIE. What did you guys think? We thought it wasn't as bad as Chemistry paper 41 this year but we didn't think this was easy either, what did you guys think? Also what do you guys think about the grade thresholds? We hope they are low :biggrin:
It was, yea. Don't think the grade thresholds are high but maybe not too low either. What did you guys get for the reasons why there are electron bands in a solid rather than discrete levels of energy? And the very last question about what you could tell from the emission spectra, what did you guys put?
Reply 2
Any chance someone will upload an unofficial mark scheme?
Reply 3
Do you remember roughly what number you got for the ratio of It/I0 in the intensity of ultrasound question?
Original post by 9899thft
Do you remember roughly what number you got for the ratio of It/I0 in the intensity of ultrasound question?

Like .84 or smt. Do you remember the hall voltage? I thought the number was REALLY small (like 10^-5)
Reply 5
Original post by Powerofvoice
Like .84 or smt. Do you remember the hall voltage? I thought the number was REALLY small (like 10^-5)

Yeah i think i got a really small number too I can't remember what though. What did you get for the half life in minutes for the last question? I think i got around 5.1mins but it didn't really seem right.
Original post by 9899thft
Yeah i think i got a really small number too I can't remember what though. What did you get for the half life in minutes for the last question? I think i got around 5.1mins but it didn't really seem right.

Yeah me too, 5.11 I think, probably right tho if everyone has it xD
Reply 7
I also got 5.1 for the half life :smile: what did you huys get for the hall voltage and the velocity for the last part of the first question? I got
around 2800ms-1
Original post by 1_2
I also got 5.1 for the half life :smile: what did you huys get for the hall voltage and the velocity for the last part of the first question? I got
around 2800ms-1

i got around 2300, how did you get the gradient? from a point or line of best fit?
Reply 9
I got around 940ms-1. For the gradient I did line of best fit and gor 25microF
Original post by 1_2
I got around 940ms-1. For the gradient I did line of best fit and gor 25microF

What do you guys think the grade boundaries will be like? I think last year it was 55/100 for an A.

Quick Reply

Latest