The Student Room Group

Chemistry unit 6 June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mehodax
At least know the simple chromatography for seperation of the amino acids.

Don't forget the different types of chromatography and ofcourse the phases and most of all learn the technique, it may come as a question in the form of parts
Original post by abdullahharis
Don't forget the different types of chromatography and ofcourse the phases and most of all learn the technique, it may come as a question in the form of parts

Which past paper have you seen it ?
Original post by Adorable98
Which past paper have you seen it ?

I don't quite recall which paper however there is a likely chance that a question like this may come and you could always refer your notes or the text book
This question doesn't make sense in (iv).
the iron (ii) sulfate was titrated with a solution of acidified potassium manganate(VII) but the value was lower than (v)

whereas (v) was measured using an ecell and it's value was higher than iv.

So shouldn't the answer be Fe2+ was oxidised by potassium manganate or am I reading the whole question wrong :redface:??

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/International%20Advanced%20Level/Chemistry/2013/Exam%20materials/Question-paper-Unit-6-(WCH06)-June-2014.pdf

Question 2(c)(viii)
Original post by samb1234
Whenever you see 'white' and a transition metal in the same sentence, this will always be the way to go about it as all transition metal compounds are coloured unless they have full d orbitals.

Thank you!! Do you know the difference between a high resolution and low resolution NMR other than the high allow for the splitting pattern to be observed ? And for the NMR spectrum, the hydrogen environments that are shielded, their chemical shift will be closer to zero or much further from zero ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by PlayerBB
Thank you!! Do you know the difference between a high resolution and low resolution NMR other than the high allow for the splitting pattern to be observed ? And for the NMR spectrum, the hydrogen environments that are shielded, their chemical shift will be closer to zero or much further from zero ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you know what chemical shift actually is? The only real difference between high and low res is being able to see splitting patterns
Reply 206
WHAT IN THE NAME OF HOTH WAS THAT!?
An excuse for slaughter, that paper :L
Felt like it was a Unit 4 or Unit 5 paper. It wasn't that difficult in hindsight, but I will not do well because I expect grade boundaries to be a little steep.

Edit: most of my friends believe that the scaling will be similar to that of the Jan paper. I do hope so!
(edited 7 years ago)
It was more of a theorical practical paper T_T my equilibrium answers are pretty ****ed up.
Thats was SO BAD... It couldn't be worse. Will and when would we get a theoretical mark scheme?
Reply 210
i died
I wanted to cry 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think grade boundaries are going to be low.... Hope for the best
What was the Kc value ?
Reply 214
Original post by Angelina johnson
What was the Kc value ?

Don't discuss the paper within 12 hours. You will only raise the grade boundaries.

That being said, I kept getting 0.056 for that show that question, wtf
Original post by RizK
Don't discuss the paper within 12 hours. You will only raise the grade boundaries.

SAME! Then i went ahead a subtracted from the initial moles and got 0.097 lol so close idk what happened
Can anyone tell me how to find the moles in question no. 2??
Original post by RizK

No, it's alright to discuss IAL straight away because most people sit the exams at the same time. TSR closes down the threads for the ones that aren't fine to discuss.

Anyway, what were all of your errors for the last experiment?
Reply 218
Original post by xbuttermelon
same! Then i went ahead a subtracted from the initial moles and got 0.097 lol so close idk what happened

oh my god
i forgot that step
i screwed up the next one too
WHY EDEXCEL WHY DO YOU DO THIS TO US?? :cry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending