The Student Room Group

OCR AS Psychology, 16th May

So, how did everyone find it?
In my opinion, I couldn't have asked for an easier exam ^-^
Original post by MooCowMilkshake

I think a lot of people are saying it was easy as it was so vuage that people dont explictly know what they got wrong, this means thatt people think it was easy, i thought it wasnt hard to any extent either but the 6 markers were wishy washy and i wrote a lot more than the room provided. I think grade boudaries will be high, so even if u found it easy, an A may not be the case
Original post by clairebear101
i think a lot of people are saying it was easy as it was so vuage that people dont explictly know what they got wrong, this means thatt people think it was easy, i thought it wasnt hard to any extent either but the 6 markers were wishy washy and i wrote a lot more than the room provided. I think grade boudaries will be high, so even if u found it easy, an a may not be the case

r
e
k
t
I think a lot of people are saying it was easy as it was so vuage that people dont explictly know what they got wrong, this means thatt people think it was easy, i thought it wasnt hard to any extent either but the 6 markers were wishy washy and i wrote a lot more than the room provided. I think grade boudaries will be high, so even if u found it easy, an A may not be the case

Which questions in particular ? ^-^
The 6-marker on conclusions was easy enough, just PEE paragraphs on data.

The 6 markers on evaluating
The 6 markers on evaluating

Those are just strengths and weaknesses of the term, contextualized with the study given ^-^

For example: Evaluate the use of random sampling in this study.

1. Describe what random sampling is
2. Strength of RS + contextualize to the study + comment about the strength
3. Weakness of RS + contextualize to the study + comment about the weakness

^-^
Those are just strengths and weaknesses of the term, contextualized with the study given ^-^

For example: Evaluate the use of random sampling in this study.

1. Describe what random sampling is
2. Strength of RS + contextualize to the study + comment about the strength
3. Weakness of RS + contextualize to the study + comment about the weakness

^-^

I basically did points 2 and 3 and so should get the marks. However in the spec paper for some 6 markers they wanted more paragraphs and a conc to i added that too

wait do u study in basingstoke? u have the same name as me to! haha anyway im sure we both did well :smile: u seem to know what u are talking about and visa versa, i was aiming my suggestions at those who are saying it was easy but dont have a clue
wait do u study in basingstoke? u have the same name as me to! haha anyway im sure we both did well :smile: u seem to know what u are talking about and visa versa, i was aiming my suggestions at those who are saying it was easy but dont have a clue

Yes QMC ^-^ And it's really cool we have the same name hahaa ^-^ Hoping you do well
Yes QMC ^-^ And it's really cool we have the same name hahaa ^-^ Hoping you do well

I was going to go there! im from F6th
Reply 10

I knew the obvious answers to the questions however i dont think i contextualised in depth enough.....

for example, 'what is random sampling'

i answered something like: when everyone in a population has an equal chance of being selected. This can be completed by placing names in a hat and unbiasedly collecting a list to create the sample......

i did not specifically state The Oaklands Home or the elderly...
how many marks do you think i will lose for doing this!

thank you !
Original post by kaps100
I knew the obvious answers to the questions however i dont think i contextualised in depth enough.....

for example, 'what is random sampling'

i answered something like: when everyone in a population has an equal chance of being selected. This can be completed by placing names in a hat and unbiasedly collecting a list to create the sample......

i did not specifically state The Oaklands Home or the elderly...
how many marks do you think i will lose for doing this!

thank you !

If this was the 4 marker you may have lost one or two marks. However, I think as this is a new spec and the examiners know this, you might get 3 out of 4 if you explained yourself very well. ^-^

However I don't think there is much need to fret over this so much kaps ^-^ As you know the A grade is about 80% which in terms of this 75mark paper would be around 60/61 marks which allows you to miss out around 15 marks. Even if the grade boundaries shot up to 85% (as it was quite an easy paper), it's still only 64/65 marks. So you shouldn't worry so much ^-^

If you are still worried though, I suggest you give it your all on Core Studies tomorrow as this with boost your grade entirely. Study the debates, perspectives and areas thoroughly - strengths and weaknesses are key. Make sure you know procedure, aims, results and conclusions like the back of your hand. Study hard tonight in 30min bursts with a 10/15min break and test yourself (flash cards etc.). Also remember to get a good nights sleep tonight, and a helpful tip might be to eat something high in sugar e.g chocolate just before the exam starts.

That's all I can really say, but I wish you well on your exams. I hope the questions are nice tomorrow ^-^
Reply 12
you are an absolute life saver and a great person in general !!!! Thank you for taking so much time to reply, it is much appreciated :smile:
Original post by kaps100
you are an absolute life saver and a great person in general !!!! Thank you for taking so much time to reply, it is much appreciated :smile:

No Problem ^-^

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending