The Student Room Group

HELP: ****ING SCREWED FOR AQA B1! On the verge of giving up revision...

I'm in a mess for it. I should have revised earlier (yep, you heard it here first). But seriously I've ****ed up. I know about the Carbon Cycle, The Nervous System, Natural Selection, Fighting Disease but that's it.

I can't be bothered making notes anymore. Should I just watch videos?

Our exam starts at 13.15 tomorrow! What can I do in the morning (or tonight, feeling a bit tired though)?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Past papers. Dont write in them as it takes too long just answer the question mamtally then straight away check the mark scheme if u got all the points needed for all marks. If u mess up write the question u got wrong on the front of the paper. Then tomorrow morning go back to that question and make sure u can do it. Saves u so much time. U can do a whole paper this way in 20 mins instead of an hour 😊 just calm down and relax. Beyond this there isnt much else to do and panicking will make it worse. Just do this and relax as there is nothing much else to do. Hope i helped!!!
Original post by amjam441
Past papers. Dont write in them as it takes too long just answer the question mamtally then straight away check the mark scheme if u got all the points needed for all marks. If u mess up write the question u got wrong on the front of the paper. Then tomorrow morning go back to that question and make sure u can do it. Saves u so much time. U can do a whole paper this way in 20 mins instead of an hour 😊 just calm down and relax. Beyond this there isnt much else to do and panicking will make it worse. Just do this and relax as there is nothing much else to do. Hope i helped!!!

Don't panic
It's going to be easy af

Biology 1 is the easiest of the sciences imo

Most of it is suggest and graph questions, probably more than physics tbh

Just read through all your textbook twice - You've got 2 hours left until midnight which is usually when i stop revising.
so u got more than 2 hours to revise, easy xd
Reply 3
Original post by amjam441

Thanks for your help! But I need to know the topics somehow first! Like genetic engineering (which is really hard) and **** like that.

How about the stupid "Give two variables that need to be controlled." that don't even require revision but still need thinking?
Watch videos
Thats how i passed my gcses
From bitesize videos too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jamie Vardy
I'm in a mess for it. I should have revised earlier (yep, you heard it here first). But seriously I've ****ed up. I know about the Carbon Cycle, The Nervous System, Natural Selection, Fighting Disease but that's it.

Our exam starts at 13.15 tomorrow! What can I do in the morning (or tonight, feeling a bit tired though)?

Past papers, past papers, past papers!! Do AS MANY questions as possible - check the mark scheme. You will notice patterns.

Sciencybit:
Neurones diffusing in our hippocampus converge memories from short to long term. When you spot those patterns in the ANSWERS, very likely they'll ask you a question SIMILAR to that. So, your hippocampus kicks into action.

And, your brain, will try to recall the pattern, if not exact. That's the best sort of short hand revision you can do right now.

Good luck!! You can do it!!!! :biggrin:DDD WOOO
I will write up a list of topics for you in just a minute and what you need to do to revise very quickly but efficiently in each topic
I will also link a past paper for you to do afterwards, for now do t do one before you revise it'll just waste time. What have you got in previous mocks for biology unit one, what's your average grade for it at the moment?

past papers r the key to get good grades
Thanks for your help! But I need to know the topics somehow first! Like genetic engineering (which is really hard) and **** like that.

How about the stupid "Give two variables that need to be controlled." that don't even require revision but still need thinking?

Genetic Engineering: Cut and stick. That's it.

Cut ya gene out, stick it in.
Cutting = Ligase enzyme
Sticking = Restriction enzyme
For 3, 4 or 6 markers, use key words per sentence!!!
I hate graph questions
Original post by PolarisVega
I will write up a list of topics for you in just a minute and what you need to do to revise very quickly but efficiently in each topic
I will also link a past paper for you to do afterwards, for now do t do one before you revise it'll just waste time. What have you got in previous mocks for biology unit one, what's your average grade for it at the moment?

I've only done one mock exam in November; I got 33/60. In Year 10, I scored 13/60, but I've improved a bit since.

On the 2014 paper (a couple of months ago) I scored 38/60 which is the highest I have ever got.

Last week in a specimen paper I got 21/60.
Original post by GCSEStudent903
Genetic Engineering: Cut and stick. That's it.

Cut ya gene out, stick it in.
Cutting = Ligase enzyme
Sticking = Restriction enzyme

I love how ya describe it like that XD
Don't worry Riyad will be here to save you at the last minute.

P:s, not even joking

You linked me to them before. To be honest, I am too stressed to watch them.
You linked me to them before. To be honest, I am too stressed to watch them.

Well then, I'm sorry to say but you're not going to do very well, you need to calm down and do some god damn work. They just aren't;t going to give you an A*.

Topics

Topics:
Diet
Disease and pathogens
The Nervous system
The menstrual cycle
Fertility treatment
Plant hormones
Homeostasis
Drugs
Testing Medical Drugs
Recreational Drugs
Adaptations
Natural Selection
Pyramids of Biomass and food chain
Decay
The Carbon Cycle
Variation
Genetics
Reproduction and Cloning
Genetic Engineering
Evolution
FOR EACH ABOVE TOPIC:
1. Watch a video that briefly explainsthe concepts, you don’t need to make notes, I suggest MyGCSEscience but mostare good (Max. 10 minutes)

2. Read information on that sametopic on bitesize (5 minutes)

3. RE-watch the video (Max. 10mins)

4. Write one paragraph in summary,wont take too long and you wont have to write a a lot. (5 mins)

5. Re-read information andre-watch video if you think it would be useful.

6. Record yourself explaining thetopic without any notes. This isn’ essential but might help and you an listenback afterwards.

7. You can write another summaryparagraph without any help if it would be useful, not essential.

Essential steps are:1,2,3, probably four.

Do at least those stepsfor each topic.

Once you have covered alltopics, ensuring you prioritise ones that you are weak at, listen to therecordings you have made or read over your summary paragraphs quickly.

Do a B1 past paper, I’lllink one in a sec.

What grade are you aimingfor?
If you don’t get highenough in the past paper then watch videos on those topics. However, after this point donot stay up any later. Listen to recordings or podcasts before you go to sleepand stay calm. At the end of the day, you will be all right and if you don’t getan A/A* it isn’t the end of the world.
(edited 7 years ago)
the most likely 6 markers will probably be on either drug trials (phases of it), carbon cycle, cloning (embryo transplant and adult cell cloning) or GM crops. I don't think they will do too much on auxins phototropism and all of that or natural section because they have been in apes for like the last 2+ years
Reload the page I edited some formatting errors in my post

Quick Reply

Latest