The Student Room Group

AS Edexcel Geography Predictions

Scroll to see replies

Has migration come up a lot in the short answer questions a lot recently? Done loads of past papers but can't remember the years!
Also thoughts on global groupings and hubs?
Reply 21
Original post by angelscity
Has migration come up a lot in the short answer questions a lot recently? Done loads of past papers but can't remember the years!
Also thoughts on global groupings and hubs?

yeah migration comes up most years but it was in section B for the long questions instead last year (I think)
personally I don't think global groupings will come up this year because it has for the last 2 years but who knows!! :smile:
Reply 22
Original post by IDontKnowReally
I feel like something on the census might come up? idk Megacities seems very likely though as well as retirement migration possibly?

Yeah I agree!
Hi we've been taught LA/Mumbai for megacities but my teacher is also telling me to look at China and India, are these compulsory case studies for anyone?
Reply 24
Original post by AstridElise
Hi we've been taught LA/Mumbai for megacities but my teacher is also telling me to look at China and India, are these compulsory case studies for anyone?

They're not compulsory, as long as you know one megacity for an MEDC and one for a developing country you should be good, but I guess the more examples the better!
Reply 25
I agree with megacities and roots since that hasnt come up in quite some time.
A tip for anyone doing Edexcel exam board: If you want to get the best marks possible for the 25 marker questions, Try studying the climate change topic and doing that in the exam as the questions are usually repeated/ similar to previous past papers, that what me and my friend have figured out and are dying from geography!
Hope it helps☺️
Ahh! I hope your predictions about the Arctic sre true! I'm absolute trash with the Africa stuff and left it 'til last to study. I'd love the Phillippines as a case study like that's a blessing and a half.

We got some amazing tips for the exam at the RGS study day in February. It was suggested to write the times allocated for each question so you know when to move on! It'll probably work better for unit 2 but you can try it anyway!!
Reply 27
What kind of Megacities questions do people think will come up?
btw do you guys have a list of key words which are vital to use and a list of keys words to bump up your grade.
What do you think a 15 mark question on megacities would be?
anyone know exactly what we need to know for the arctic case study???? i didnt know it was compulasory and always struggle in the questions in which it comes up
Reply 31
Original post by woahexams
anyone know exactly what we need to know for the arctic case study???? i didnt know it was compulasory and always struggle in the questions in which it comes up

Just remember it's an area around the North Pole that is a vulnerable environment to climate change.

Learn how global warming will impact the Arctic (the revision guide splits it down into Environmental, Ecological and Socio-economic impacts). My teacher always said talk about the poor polar bears :tongue: But you'll get a lot of marks for mentioning Thawing of permafrost releasing more CO2 and methane because it's a natural sink. Then talk about how the Arctic will impact the rest of the world -> Sea level rise -> Global weather patterns.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by thepurplerain

It could be the causes of megacity growth or the problems in megacities
Reply 33
Guys what could they ask for TNCs, roots and megacities (apart from challenges of rapid urban growth for megacities)
Reply 34
This feed makes me nervous and a half.
Hello fellow map colour-inners!!!!! I read somewhere about edexcel having a 3-year cyle for their exam qestions so uno
Original post by Alisha07
Has anyone got ideas as to what is going to come up this year? I think Philippines and Arctic could come up as they are compulsory and haven't come up since 2014. I also think TNCs and megacities as it wasn't in last years paper..

Do you think rural-urban migration wil come up?
Original post by thepurplerain

I think it could be reasons for rapid growth or the problems created. It may also be how the megacity is becoming sustainable.
Original post by #Sabrina#
I think it could be reasons for rapid growth or the problems created. It may also be how the megacity is becoming sustainable.

If we get this I will cry of happiness and nail it pls pls pls pls come up
Original post by lauuu19
Guys what could they ask for TNCs, roots and megacities (apart from challenges of rapid urban growth for megacities)

Describe how TNCs are accelerating globalisation? For Roots it coul be about limitations to gathered evidence, where to find it etc. Megacities probably sustainability this year, impacts of intense urbanisation or be sneaky and link it into world at risk and get us to talk about vulnerability. Hmmm

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending