The Student Room Group

Opinions on AQA AS Psychology Paper 1, 16 May 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Synonym
what im so confused right now in the mark scheme there is this question https://gyazo.com/44890c172a91cb2b25abf893706a7ea1
the only thing is i dont remember it being there in the paper ??? am i wrong ...did i just miss a question

The options are in a different order to in the paper I think so maybe that makes you not recognize it but if you can't remember it at all you probably missed it out.
Original post by Arjun1234
WTH was up with those 12 markers. i so badly wanted the 12 marker to be in the social influence section. and the 12 markers were messed up. something about the working memory. i started talking about both MSM and WMM cuz i didnt know which one to talk about as it only said working memory and not working memory model. I hope my examiner is generous

Mine too :no:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jacobisswaggy
It's highly unlikely you'd need 80% for an A, never mind a pass. Many people messed up due to the wording of the questions, e.g on Working Memory 12 marker, Q1, the 6 marker on LTM, and the question about self study, so the paper was by no means 'easy'.

I did not mean pass, I meant an A and we (college cohort as a collective) found the paper quite easy, the wording was a little bit different but when my tutor went to a meeting with the chief examiners on a course that was mentioned so we were prepared for that, so we did find that easy
Original post by lucasbaker
The options are in a different order to in the paper I think so maybe that makes you not recognize it but if you can't remember it at all you probably missed it out.

yh i just realized and i actually did do the question... phew :smile:
Original post by Synonym
damn cant believe it...how did i not see that 2 mark question.. my whole life is blowing up right now....what is life....what is the purpose of life....

(its not that deep but still pissed)

You think that's bad. I missed out the whole 8 marker on Asch. I didn't see the question because when I turned the pages they were stuck together. Be glad it wasn't 8 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Bobby21231
I wrote about Peterson and Peterson as well for duration and Jacobs for capacity

Thank god I'm not alone by writing about Peterson & Peterson and Jacobs!
Reply 386
the working memory 12 marker was about working memory model
Reply 387
i think i got like 57
definitely got about 60
Reply 389
Original post by Emma9991
Oh yeah I know that really annoyed me! I thought there would only be 1! I spoke to the others in my class and they hated the working memory one, I wrote about the working memory model but I don't think that's right😬The question was too vague! Although if we all found them quite hard then hopefully the grade boundaries will be lower right? What do you think about the self report question? I don't remeber being taught that?

it was about working memory model
Reply 390
Original post by Rigby16
definitely got about 60

i got like 57
Original post by vezuxiii
Thanks for the positivity appreciate it in these dark times 😂

Omg I messed up on the Asch question as well. At least it wasn't 12 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mali473
You think that's bad. I missed out the whole 8 marker on Asch. I didn't see the question because when I turned the pages they were stuck together. Be glad it wasn't 8 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ouch
Original post by Synonym
ouch

Yup. Like I said it can't get much worse. Relying on the grade boundaries to be dropped and that we get a nice paper 2 so I can pull back marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Answer what you think you got on this form
Original post by mali473
Yup. Like I said it can't get much worse. Relying on the grade boundaries to be dropped and that we get a nice paper 2 so I can pull back marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

has anyone started a paper 2 new spec thread ?
Original post by Synonym
has anyone started a paper 2 new spec thread ?

Nope not that I know of. Just had a look and couldn't find one

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the WMM question, i only evaluated?
And for the MSM, i wrote evaluation points supporting that the STM and LTM are separate?
Reply 399
lol i didn't know how to spell 'geese'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending