The Student Room Group

Aqa sociology resit 2016

Scroll to see replies

How important is it to remember sociologists names
Original post by ihateexams21
How important is it to remember sociologists names

I saw a 20/24 essay with legit no sociologists name.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do you think a general demography question will come up or will it be specific to births or deaths?
Original post by Chloealicia189
Do you think a general demography question will come up or will it be specific to births or deaths?

we reckon it'll be specific to either both births and deaths, or decrease in birth separately. what do you mean by a general demography question?
Original post by grassntai
we reckon it'll be specific to either both births and deaths, or decrease in birth separately. what do you mean by a general demography question?

General as in all three subtopics: births, deaths and migration. But okay thanks .. :smile:
How did everyone find it? I kind of BS'd my way through that diversity/family losing its function question and only did 3 paragraphs with no conclusion :frown:

Urgh I think I did better than last year though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That function + diversity question caught me off guard. Is it me or were both the essay questions worded weirdly?
Original post by conscscscsc
That function + diversity question caught me off guard. Is it me or were both the essay questions worded weirdly?

Yeah it was essentially two topics in one.

Posted from TSR Mobile
GUYS is this wrong for the 4 marker?

- impact of feminism on womens position, therefore they dont rely on men, they decide to move away with their child

- domestic violence is usually committed by men, so women seperate ...
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by starshine909

- impact on feminism and womens position - so they dont rely on any man and stuff
- domestic violence is usually against men - so women seperate ...

I wrote

court favours women during child custody battles

Women are more suited to take care of a child as they're more nurturing than men, thus when they separate women are more likely to take care of the child

Posted from TSR Mobile
I wrote

Women are more suited to take care of a child as they're more nurturing than men, thus when they separate women are more likely to take care of the child

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah thats right.....I think mine are wrong :frown:((
Reply 71
How did everyone find it? I kind of BS'd my way through that diversity/family losing its function question and only did 3 paragraphs with no conclusion :frown:

Urgh I think I did better than last year though.

I hated the last question, I basically completely forgot about it and messed it up a little too.
Reply 72
That was a really hard paper
I'm certain I got an E or D but I have a low B in family already so I will keep that
Reply 73
I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote the same thing
I failed the essay question though. Ah well. I thought the paper was really hard compared to other heads
Hoping for low grade boundaries ffs
Reply 75
Hoping for low grade boundaries ffs

What a hard question that was though
Both 24 markers were horrible
The last question was joke only talked about extended divorce families and same sex couples :frown: then time was up
Basically I feel like I did well in the short markers and in one of the 24 but I didn't finish the 24 on traditional families by a lot does that mean I'm automatically going to get a low mark?? I feel like Bevause I didn't answer it I'll end up with a C/D

- impact on feminism and womens position - so they dont rely on any man and stuff
- domestic violence is usually against men - so women seperate ...

I wrote Lone parent families and black women liking freedom and that they have more free choice and independence in the modern day,
Reply 79
the second 24 marker on diversity was talking about functionalist(parson) loss of functions & diversity

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending