The Student Room Group

Economics AS AQA exam tomorrow 16/05/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Sap434
was that AQA

Yes
For context 2 about the indirect tax in the 10 marker, did you have to draw a shift in supply or could you just show demand changing due to increase in price?
Reply 322
do you think the grade boundaries are going to be lower??
Original post by V_S0617
what you had to fill in a box to indicate what context you chose whatttt!!

I can't be certain, as oddly enough, I forgot it, but in the specification paper for last year at the top of the context one answer page there were two 'lozenges' (aqa, not me) of which you had to fill in one to say which you chose.
Today I was surprised when I didn't notice one, and meant to go back and check ;'( I'm hoping they'd removed it or it wasn't vital.
Good luck for macro!
Original post by Sam10711
It is fine. Do not worry. You, me and many other people have probably done this (I'm not even sure there is a box). Even though the specimen paper had a box the old spec didn't.
However to clear things up go to this thread.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1650700

One of the guys called AQA and they said its fine as long as you didn't answer both contexts and its clear which answer you had chosen.

Relax.

Thank you for remaining calm and sensible. Very much what I need right now.
Reply 325
Original post by cyl123
Yes

but there are no 8 markers?
how much did you write for the 25 markers, use up all the pages ?
Reply 327
Original post by dons178

pretty much
Reply 328
i just looked on the specimen there is a box but i feel so stupid for not seeing it!!
Any tips for paper 2?

Original post by JazzzHands
I can't be certain, as oddly enough, I forgot it, but in the specification paper for last year at the top of the context one answer page there were two 'lozenges' (aqa, not me) of which you had to fill in one to say which you chose.
Today I was surprised when I didn't notice one, and meant to go back and check ;'( I'm hoping they'd removed it or it wasn't vital.
Good luck for macro!
Original post by mallows23
For context 2 about the indirect tax in the 10 marker, did you have to draw a shift in supply or could you just show demand changing due to increase in price?

You had to show a supply shift..
Idk demand shift might be valid too!
Original post by Starmock99
You had to show a supply shift..
Idk demand shift might be valid too!

yeah but like what about in the short run when the price changes and so does demand but the supply hasn't altered yet so its like a movement in the demand curve and there is over production
Original post by mallows23
Yes, tax shifts supply to the right thus moving along the demand curve increasing the price th p2 and reducing quantity to q2
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Wafffle
For context 2 I did my first point on tax and I managed to analyse it extensively with diagrams as well as evaluate it really well. But for my second point I managed to analyse it well but I didn't have time to do much if any evaluation and only manged a brief conclusion. Could I still realistically achieve 18 or 19 out of 25?

werent you supposed to evaluate regualtion for this question?
Original post by dons178

Yeah i finished at the top of the last page but you dont need to use all the pages to get a high mark
Original post by dons178

my last word finished right on the end of the last line of the last page. i was very satisfied:biggrin:
Anyone seen an unofficial mark scheme for context 2, yet?
Original post by cathartic
hey how prepared do you guys feel for economics tomorrow?
I still need to go over market failure and government intervention.
Also what topics do you guys predict? I think market failure and the topic on production/economies of scale

Original post by Carlaaa_
hmmm... I am not prepared for market failure and gov intervention but feeling confident about macro next week! I have no idea what will come up, just hoping its a nice paper haha!

Original post by aadil10
I have mine tomorrow, but I'm with Edexcel.

I think I'm ready but I don't know much about govt failure and market failure :biggrin:

Also timing is terrible. I haven't managed to complete a single practice paper in the time given. I'm about 10min over currently.

thought this was funny check it out

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4089461&p=64858359#post64858359
Original post by hxrrict
my last word finished right on the end of the last line of the last page. i was very satisfied:biggrin:

There were 12 pages?? How?
Also did anyone do Context 1 about the renewable energy? I hope the third time taking it has paid off....
Original post by gemlowe
There were 12 pages?? How?
Also did anyone do Context 1 about the renewable energy? I hope the third time taking it has paid off....

we only had 6 sides but even so i did get through the multi choice and short answer Qs very quickly
Original post by hxrrict
we only had 6 sides but even so i did get through the multi choice and short answer Qs very quickly

I ran out of time on mine, so it isn't finished very well at all which I'm so disappointed about. You speedy person, do not know how you wrote so much. Good on you!

Quick Reply