The Student Room Group

Nude restaurant in London opening in June 2016.

This restaurant encourages people to dine naked and offers a natural environment free of electronics. Apparently, it also has 36,000 people already on the waiting list. What's your take on this?

Personally, I think it's a bit awkward, but new ideas like this may help out in some way??

Scroll to see replies

Instead of society progressing it's going back the other way...
Sitting on a chair where hundreds of bare arses have been is an unappealing concept, surely?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Instead of society progressing it's going back the other way...

I do believe that their intentions are actually harmless. From what I have read, they want to provide a natural environment for people to relax in. I do agree, it is quite backward - I would feel like a caveman in there.
Reply 4
Original post by Exceptional
Sitting on a chair where hundreds of bare arses have been is an unappealing concept, surely?

Yes! :tongue: That is quite unappealing! Also, I would feel awkward if people are gawking at my private parts first of all!!
Do you walk in nude? Surely there'd have to be changing rooms or something. I like the idea of no electronics, but its probably a bit much for me. Could be an interesting way to spice up a first date though.
I won't be going if opening night has a bunch of pensioners...
Reply 7
Original post by dean01234
Do you walk in nude? Surely there'd have to be changing rooms or something. I like the idea of no electronics, but its probably a bit much for me. Could be an interesting way to spice up a first date though.

I am not sure if you walk in nude...surely not, no one's gonna make a journey from home to the restaurant naked... I like the idea of no electronics too! I have a picture if it helps...
Reply 8
Original post by 0to100
I won't be going if opening night has a bunch of pensioners...

Haha! :tongue: That would be quite funny! I might just go to see that, but with my clothes intact.
Original post by Mizuz
I am not sure if you walk in nude...surely not, no one's gonna make a journey from home to the restaurant naked... I like the idea of no electronics too! I have a picture if it helps...

Haha thanks for that, I hope the food is a bit better when it actually opens.
I'd give it a go depending on if there was a high percentage of women to men. :^_^:
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
I mean, I quite like the "no electronics" thing. One of my pet peeves is when I'm out with people and they spend more time staring at a screen than actually engaging in sociable behaviour with me.

Not too fond of the naked aspect. Bit unhygienic.
Original post by Mizuz
Haha! :tongue: That would be quite funny! I might just go to see that, but with my clothes intact.

If it's older naked women there and they see you you'd be best to keep everything intact
sign me up

- But if you find stray hairs in the food...
Reply 14
Original post by Noodle0
I'd give it a go depending on if there was a high percentage of women to men. :^_^:

Really? I feel like more men will be there. Not because of this ^ reason entirely, but simply because I feel a woman might be more hesitant to coming in naked. Then again, I may be wrong!
Reply 15
Original post by markreed
I mean, I quite like the "no electronics" thing. One of my pet peeves is when I'm out with people and they spend more time staring at a screen than actually engaging in sociable behaviour with me.

Not too fond of the naked aspect. Bit unhygienic.

SAME! I get really annoyed by that too. Yeah, someone above just mentioned stray hair...:yucky:
Reply 16
Original post by 0to100
If it's older naked women there and they see you you'd be best to keep everything intact

I am sure the same applies for a young man if there are older naked men?
Original post by Mizuz
Really? I feel like more men will be there. Not because of this ^ reason entirely, but simply because I feel a woman might be more hesitant to coming in naked. Then again, I may be wrong!

Yeah I do too, that's why it's dependent for me on whether or not it's a complete sausage fest. Plus I'd imagine there'd be a crowd outside looking through the windows.
Reply 18
Original post by charlotte100200
sign me up

- But if you find stray hairs in the food...

:yucky: Believe it or not, it's very likely to happen....
Awkward first date

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending