The Student Room Group

OCR Psychology AS Monday 16th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by schoolgirl1
Yeah for all the six marker ones I would do one advantage then I would say why this would be good and then I would link it with context then a disadvantage then why this would be bad then context. :smile:

Those weren't too bad actually!! I just think I did really badly on the pie chart if the x100 is wrong, the 2 conclusions for the data I didn't write much and also the 12 marker, I didn't know what to write for the measuring the DV and the control for one extraneous variable - my teacher didn't really help us much on 12 mark questions so yeah :/
Original post by claudiamendes
Yeah I agree with you, like especially Section B, there wasn't much to say on the context so therefore you couldn't really elaborate and link bac to context :frown:(

I thought they were a bit vague but I think for context you could just say for example for the 12 mark one, just talking about pets, loneliness or the residential home "The Oaklands" would be context, or for the corridor one just say after each point link it back to the behaviour shown when two people approach each other in a corridor :smile:
Just checking,what did everyone get on the ratio question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I thought they were a bit vague but I think for context you could just say for example for the 12 mark one, just talking about pets, loneliness or the residential home "The Oaklands" would be context, or for the corridor one just say after each point link it back to the behaviour shown when two people approach each other in a corridor :smile:

Lets just hope that the core studies exam is way better!! :biggrin:
The x100 isn't wrong, that gives a percentage which is what u want for pie charts- trust me

Core studies will be much worse - for the 12 marker there was loads of context?!? About oaklands and loneliness and the 100 odd males and females
Original post by LenniesRabbit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think I put 2:1
Original post by clairebear101
The x100 isn't wrong, that gives a percentage which is what u want for pie charts- trust me

I should have put the workings out, because I would have got the question right (I only sketched it out but completely forgot to write the calculations down silly me!!)
Reply 128
Original post by clairebear101

Divide data by 200 the multiply by 360. First u get it out a percentage then out of a circle because it has 360 degrees

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 129
Apparently the calculations are found in the appendices

False. Apendices is where you write a list of all the materials used in the study. Raw data and calculations are in the results section where inferential statistics are too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Those weren't too bad actually!! I just think I did really badly on the pie chart if the x100 is wrong, the 2 conclusions for the data I didn't write much and also the 12 marker, I didn't know what to write for the measuring the DV and the control for one extraneous variable - my teacher didn't really help us much on 12 mark questions so yeah :/

To measure the DV I suggested doing a self-report questionnaire with filler questions to avoid demand characteristics and then said I would use a critical question which would be a rating scale asking "How lonely do you feel on a scale from 1-10?" 1 being not lonely and 10 being very lonely, I hope that's right idk
and for the extraneous variable I said that not everyone likes pets, then I said to control I would use a self-selecting sample so that people who don't like pets wouldn't volunteer
As long as you referred to all 3 bullet points then included your own experience for the 12 marker you will be fine :smile:

Yeah ikr!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

2:1 I think:smile:
To measure the DV I suggested doing a self-report questionnaire with filler questions to avoid demand characteristics and then said I would use a critical question which would be a rating scale asking "How lonely do you feel on a scale from 1-10?" 1 being not lonely and 10 being very lonely, I hope that's right idk
and for the extraneous variable I said that not everyone likes pets, then I said to control I would use a self-selecting sample so that people who don't like pets wouldn't volunteer
As long as you referred to all 3 bullet points then included your own experience for the 12 marker you will be fine :smile:

YES! I had done the exact same method and rating scale for the self-report. I was worried because I thought it would be a bit off topic but this has helped to calm me down a bit 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Rtdsv
False. Apendices is where you write a list of all the materials used in the study. Raw data and calculations are in the results section where inferential statistics are too

Posted from TSR Mobile

I heard that the results has the inferential statistics but the appendices had the calculations for them, but I hope you're right because I put results!!
YES! I had done the exact same method and rating scale for the self-report. I was worried because I thought it would be a bit off topic but this has helped to calm me down a bit 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

I wrote a questionnaire using a rating scale too!! I had how lonely did you feel on a scale of 1-10 where 1 = extremely lonely and 10 = not lonely at all or something like that hahahaha! And for the extraneous variable I think I did so crap I just wrote about avoiding participant variables so I used the repeated measures design I completely forgot about I could have put in to use a type of sampling method!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh good I was worried too haha!! :smile: I think it should be right, what did you put for the extraneous variable and the control?
I wrote a questionnaire using a rating scale too!! I had how lonely did you feel on a scale of 1-10 where 1 = extremely lonely and 10 = not lonely at all or something like that hahahaha! And for the extraneous variable I think I did so crap I just wrote about avoiding participant variables so I used the repeated measures design I completely forgot about I could have put in to use a type of sampling method!!

I think that's fine though if you wrote about participant variables! :d
I wrote about keeping the same type of Pet the same

that's what i wrote but i didn add in the filler Q's and stuff as it didnt ask fir it and i wanted to save time but I did use a rating scale and explained about this created numerical data for comparison. But my extraneous variable would be what type of pet they had, so forth to control this they would all get a 2 month old kitten of the exact same breed

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending