The Student Room Group

[UPSETTING] Acute stress and anxiety: My experience

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by iEthan

Warning: this content is upsetting.

holy **** that would've ****ed me up real bad I'm sorry you had to witness that :frown: I'm glad the nightmares have stopped <3
time heals everything :console: thanks for sharing your story :hugs:
Original post by z33
holy **** that would've ****ed me up real bad I'm sorry you had to witness that :frown: I'm glad the nightmares have stopped <3
time heals everything :console: thanks for sharing your story :hugs:

Thank you so much for your kind words z :hugs: I really appreciate that!
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Hey,

Again, I have so much admiration for you for having the courage to write that out. I am genuinely so sorry that you had to go through such a traumatising experience.

You are a such an incredible individual for achieving all you have done through all that. I really wish you the best of luck!

M x

Hi,

Thank you. That means a lot to me. Best of luck to you too.

Jay

My story

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by homeland.lsw

My story

You're such a soldier, mate. Seriously. I'm so proud of you and you're an amazing guy. Well done for sharing this. It's not easy at all and you know what, I genuinely believe you can get through and be okay. Eating disorders are horrendously difficult to manage as you know and most people, the vast majority even, are never able to fully shake it. But you can get there bit by bit and that's all that matters.

Keep strong and keep smiling.

:love: :jumphug: :love:
I just wanted to say well done and to those posted/ that will post so far are just totally awesome. :hugs:

I dunno, I just felt like I had to say something to show my support. :colondollar:
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by homeland.lsw

My story

I just want to echo precisely what Jay said, you are very strong and an asset to your grandmother. She would be proud of your resilience and your good-willed attitude to everything. You're a credit to her, thank you for being brave enough to speak out :hugs: I'm sorry that you went through so much in the aftermath. You went through a lot, eating disorders are such difficult things to deal with, but persevere, keep going bud. You can do it. Promise! Baby steps.

Keep on keeping on
Ethan :hugs:
Original post by ivybridge
You're such a soldier, mate. Seriously. I'm so proud of you and you're an amazing guy. Well done for sharing this. It's not easy at all and you know what, I genuinely believe you can get through and be okay. Eating disorders are horrendously difficult to manage as you know and most people, the vast majority even, are never able to fully shake it. But you can get there bit by bit and that's all that matters.

Keep strong and keep smiling.

:love: :jumphug: :love:

Thanks. I figured if you can come to terms with what really was horrendous, I can start coming to terms with my own struggles. It was a shock really because a lot of people are used to seeing grandparents die at 70 or 80. Mine died at 58, and I don't have any other grandparents.

Anyway, it's good to see more people like me, in a similar position to me. I don't know. I think I should be more open about my stuff, because I think it can help :smile:
Original post by iEthan
I just want to echo precisely what Jay said, you are very strong and an asset to your grandmother. She would be proud of your resilience and your good-willed attitude to everything. You're a credit to her, thank you for being brave enough to speak out :hugs: I'm sorry that you went through so much in the aftermath. You went through a lot, eating disorders are such difficult things to deal with, but persevere, keep going bud. You can do it. Promise! Baby steps.

Keep on keeping on
Ethan :hugs:

Basically what I said to Jay. :lol:

Thanks Ethan, and your story was so disturbing, especially during christmastime. Life is cruel sometimes, but it's good to talk about it to others. Offers some closure
Mental health issue is something that's been close to me throughout my life, so I would like to make some contributions. Unfortunately I'll have to post anonymously here but I hope you don't mind. I'll try to keep it as concise as possible.

Spoiler

So my journey to a truer happiness has just begun, and it will be a bumpy road and I am running low on courage, but I know I am not alone in this thanks to amazing online support communities that exist nowadays. I've found it helpful to read about different people's stories as they make me feel less lonely, so I hope mine has that effect on someone out there.

I wish everyone reading this thread all the best with your journeys ahead. :hug:
(edited 7 years ago)
@furryface12
oops I just realised that you've edited my post. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking of trigger and such. Thanks for making appropriate adjustments.
Original post by Anonymous
x

Hi OP,

Sorry you went through something like this! You are incredibly brave for sharing your story and I'm so happy that you're feeling more content now and well done for seeking help :hugs: proud of you!

Ethan
@furryface12
oops I just realised that you've edited my post. I'm sorry I wasn't thinking of trigger and such. Thanks for making appropriate adjustments.

Don't worry, I just took out a couple of details. Really sorry you had to go through that all, hope things start to look up a bit for you!
Original post by iEthan
Hi OP,

Sorry you went through something like this! You are incredibly brave for sharing your story and I'm so happy that you're feeling more content now and well done for seeking help :hugs: proud of you!

Ethan

Thanks for your kind words.
I was frowning and forgot to breathe whilst reading your traumatising experience!! I was like holy crap! :afraid: I hope you won't have to go through anything like that again. :hugs:

Original post by furryface12
Don't worry, I just took out a couple of details. Really sorry you had to go through that all, hope things start to look up a bit for you!

Thank you :smile:
Thanks for your kind words.
I was frowning and forgot to breathe whilst reading your traumatising experience!! I was like holy crap! :afraid: I hope you won't have to go through anything like that again. :hugs:

Thank you :smile:

Thanks to you for your kind words :hugs: I wish you the best with everything! :excited:

Ethan
Sorry you had to go through that, and that poor man :frown:

That was very upsetting to read, can't imagine how you must have felt! Thanks for sharing. :hugs:
Original post by Black Rose
Sorry you had to go through that, and that poor man :frown:

That was very upsetting to read, can't imagine how you must have felt! Thanks for sharing. :hugs:

Thank you so much for your kind words :hugs: I was thinking about him yesterday actually… often find myself doing that :s-smilie: I hope it raises awareness :yep:
Reply 37
Original post by iEthan

Depression and Anxiety
Mental Health Awareness Week 2016

Depression and anxiety affect nearly 400,000 young people in the UK alone. According to YoungMinds, that's around 1 in 15 of us that have experienced depression or anxiety. Living with either or both of them can seriously impact day-to-day life.

TSR is running a campaign all of this week for Mental Health Awareness Week 2016 to promote and inform others of the state of mental health and to try and reduce the stigmas associated with mental health.

Have you ever experienced something traumatising? Something so utterly shocking that you'll remember it for the rest of your life? That's what I'll be talking about today. This thread aims to talk about my experience, how I reacted, what happened next and how I dealt with it.

Warning: this content is upsetting.

For more information on mental illness, the Mind and Rethink websites are a good place to start. The Samaritans, Childline and Nightline are also great if you need someone to speak to, and also have email and instant messaging services if you can't or don't want to speak out loud to someone. If you're struggling, your GP is always a good first point of call though!

Feel free to share your experiences. However, if the content is upsetting, please use a spoiler or an expand tag :h:

We're holding various events and writing about lots of different themes throughout the week. Take a look here!

Though I am not present during that event I can feel how horrifying it was. I have also seen death (shot 3 times) in front of me. Even until now the fear still lingers. Though death is an unavoidable event in a person's life seeing someone died unnaturally is something that creates fear in our mind.
Original post by pillid12
Though I am not present during that event I can feel how horrifying it was. I have also seen death (shot 3 times) in front of me. Even until now the fear still lingers. Though death is an unavoidable event in a person's life seeing someone died unnaturally is something that creates fear in our mind.

Hey :hugs:

You're really brave for talking about your experience and I hope you're doing ok! You're right, it's a terrible thing and it is awful that it happened. Hopefully stories like these will encourage others to talk about their health :smile:

Quick Reply