The Student Room Group

Does death scare you?

I know it happens to everyone, but if I think about it deeply enough I honestly I get on the verge of having a panic attack. Just the thought of your existence being no more, the complete loss of feeling, good or bad. Just the loss of touch with reality and then in most peoples cases leaving your loved ones behind...never to feel anything ever again.

(Obviously that is if you don't believe in an after life or God etc)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1gwp3u/what_is_it_about_death_that_scares_you/

Procrastination led me too reddit :redface:

I swear I've made this thread before, aha oh well XD Clearly I'm still not over the fear of this inevitable thing that will eventually happen to me one day...

Scroll to see replies

I am just glad to know that I am not the only one to have these thoughts...
The thought of death only really scares me if I think about it too hard. The rest of the time though, it doesn't bother me much because I know that it is inevitable, and being atheist, I don't believe that there is anything after death, therefore I won't even realise that I am dead anyway so there's nothing to fear :smile:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
I am just glad to know that I am not the only one to have these thoughts...

I really shouldn't be thinking about this at night time but it actually ****ing terrifies me, it also makes me realise how much time I'm wasting in life and to get a move on to pursue my dreams in life...
Original post by Leviathan1741
The thought of death only really scares me if I think about it too hard. The rest of the time though, it doesn't bother me much because I know that it is inevitable, and being atheist, I don't believe that there is anything after death, therefore I won't even realise that I am dead anyway so there's nothing to fear :smile:

I agree, I mean dying itself doesn't scare me, I think it's just like falling into a deep sleep. It is just the concept of dying, like why do I have a life if it will eventually be taken away from me?

Also, yes, only when I think too deeply into it do I get panicked...(guess what I'm doing right now instead of revising...thinking too deeply about death..XD).
No

"Death is the great next adventure" :yes:
Nope, it's inevitable :yep:

It doesn't matter if I die tomorrow or in 60 years' time. For me it's all about living life to the fullest :h:
Reply 7
How many times will you make similar threads, @TheonlyMrsHolmes? :lol:

And to answer your question, no it doesn't :smug:
Original post by Serine Soul
No

"Death is the great next adventure" :yes:

There is no adventure! There is nothing... :frown:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I agree, I mean dying itself doesn't scare me, I think it's just like falling into a deep sleep. It is just the concept of dying, like why do I have a life if it will eventually be taken away from me?

Also, yes, only when I think too deeply into it do I get panicked...(guess what I'm doing right now instead of revising...thinking too deeply about death..XD).

I'm glad I'm not the only one haha! I guess you just have to think about it in terms of that fact that nothing lasts forever, so you need to enjoy it while it lasts! :smile:
Original post by nucdev
How many times will you make similar threads, @TheonlyMrsHolmes? :lol:

And to answer your question, no it doesn't :smug:

Still scared my friend, still scared...

Why doesn't it scare you?
Reply 11
Yeahhh

Spoiler

Original post by M14B
Yeahhh

Spoiler

Why wtf? XD

I think, for me, its the fear of being forgotten :redface:
Reply 14
Why wtf? XD

You must be out of your mind not to be scared:biggrin:
I would say no, although there are time when it does.
Original post by Indeterminate
Nope, it's inevitable :yep:

It doesn't matter if I die tomorrow or in 60 years' time. For me it's all about living life to the fullest :h:

That is what makes it worse I think!

I suppose you're right! But honestly, how would any of you Tsrians survive without my existence :flip: (especially @nucdev)?

Jk XD
Reply 17
The thought of dying used to scare the living crap out of me, but I've kind of come to terms with it.

What scares me more isn't the fact that I'll die, but the idea that I could die early. I'm obsessed with making the most of my time doing things that I love and basically living live to the full. So the thought of a death while young terrifies me.
Original post by M14B
You must be out of your mind not to be scared:biggrin:

True, I suppose everyone is scared a little, even if they say they aren't. :redface: :grouphugs:
Reply 19
x

lol did my thread have something to do with this? xD

But srsly in the words of Queen "nothing really matters, anyone can see nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me"

Who cares if we die? Do you even know who your great great grandparents were? I know I don't.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending