The Student Room Group

Do you plan to live in the UK for the rest of your life?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by harinimnida
Yeah but I'm pretty terrible and slow at reading it because I barely use it anymore 😂 I'm actually faster in Korean now but I don't speak Korean well

Wow! My friend would be so envious of you! She loves Kpop and has been trying to learn Korean for the last 3 years by herself, but so far she has not made much progress...
i would definitely stay here for a good chunk of the year and take a long trip to my holiday home in oceanside/carlsbad in california over the summer as business will be slow and i can make connection in hollywood get a few celebs on the books take some better stock with me for them
No the cost of living is quite frankly ****ing absurd especially with regards to house prices.
Original post by InneRs
为什么要来中国学医呢?
As far as I can see, in a few years (maybe decades), doctor is not a good job in China.

Ah no just my masters in Nuclear Medicine, I want to be radiographer not a doctor, too hard :colondollar:
Reply 44
Original post by markreed
I was actually born in the Philippines ahaa :h:

Yeah, the Philippines is on this thing called the Pacific Ring of Fire which is basically the ridge between two tectonic plates. Gets a lot of earthquakes and mudslides as a result.

Its also frequently hit by typhoons and other pretty crappy tropical storms.

A lot of my family on my Mom's side still live there in this little village quite far from the capital city, so I'm constantly worrying about how they're doing.

Oh, I am so sorry to hear that. I am half Japanese and I experience something quite similar. My maternal grandfather was deeply affected by the Tohoku Earthquake in 2011, so I can completely understand your feelings. Hopefully, they will come up with cool technology to overcome these problems. I am optimistic that we will find a way out of this! :biggrin:
Reply 45
Original post by Inexorably
No the cost of living is quite frankly ****ing absurd especially with regards to house prices.

Couldn't agree with you anymore. :frown:
Original post by Mizuz
Wow! My friend would be so envious of you! She loves Kpop and has been trying to learn Korean for the last 3 years by herself, but so far she has not made much progress...

Yeah the Korean is just a hobby for me :tongue: At my job me and my friends speak in Korean together which is why I'm actually better at it
Reply 47
Original post by jamesthehustler
i would definitely stay here for a good chunk of the year and take a long trip to my holiday home in oceanside/carlsbad in california over the summer as business will be slow and i can make connection in hollywood get a few celebs on the books take some better stock with me for them

Wow...you have everything planned out! Best of luck. :smile:
Maybe, might go to Canada.
I decided after a year here that I need to get out ASAP 😂 To be fair though, I had a very misguided notion of what this country and its people are like but I was veryyyy wrong and would would never want to have a job/family here. If the UK leaves the EU I'll also trade my British passport for an EU member state :tongue:
Reply 50
Original post by harinimnida
Yeah the Korean is just a hobby for me :tongue: At my job me and my friends speak in Korean together which is why I'm actually better at it

Yeah? I'll tell her to find a job at a Korean restaurant or something - she would actually be good if she wasn't such a lazy bum. *sigh*
Well after my A Level results I am getting shipped to Pakistan so...
Reply 52
Original post by EllainKahlo
Maybe, might go to Canada.

:banana: I will be seeing you there! :biggrin:
Reply 53
Original post by Rhythmical
Well after my A Level results I am getting shipped to Pakistan so...

SHIPPED? WHY?!! :afraid:
Lets see where time will take me!:tongue:
Reply 55
Original post by alexschmalex
I decided after a year here that I need to get out ASAP 😂 To be fair though, I had a very misguided notion of what this country and its people are like but I was veryyyy wrong and would would never want to have a job/family here. If the UK leaves the EU I'll also trade my British passport for an EU member state :tongue:

Haha, true! I hope we don't leave the EU! Which European country would you most likely settle in then?
Original post by Mizuz
SHIPPED? WHY?!! :afraid:

Because of how **** they will be! :laugh:
Original post by Mizuz
Wow...you have everything planned out! Best of luck. :smile:

thanks for that i mean i did sit and plan out several years at once the business started up
Reply 58
Original post by Rhythmical
Because of how **** they will be! :laugh:

Haha! Are you Pakistani? I heard this joke a few times from my Indian friends about their parents deporting them and getting them married to a 60 year old farmer. I once fell for this joke and literally shed a few tears too until I realized that my other friend was recording the whole conversation!! :angry:
Original post by Mizuz
Haha! Are you Pakistani? I heard this joke a few times from my Indian friends about their parents deporting them and getting them married to a 60 year old farmer. I once fell for this joke and literally shed a few tears too until I realized that my other friend was recording the whole conversation!! :angry:

Yes I am. :wink: and it is a common joke because our parents make the threat. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest