The Student Room Group

Does death scare you?

Scroll to see replies

No or I'd be more careful.
Original post by xylas
lol did my thread have something to do with this? xD

But srsly in the words of Queen "nothing really matters, anyone can see nothing really matters, nothing really matters to me"

Who cares if we die? Do you even know who your great great grandparents were? I know I don't.

Yes! Your sun comment made me want to curl up into a ball and cry...

Oh stop it! :frown:
Reply 22
Original post by Indeterminate
Nope, it's inevitable :yep:

It doesn't matter if I die tomorrow or in 60 years' time. For me it's all about living life to the fullest :h:

^^^^^ Yup, this.

Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
That is what makes it worse I think!

I suppose you're right! But honestly, how would any of you Tsrians survive without my existence :flip: (especially @nucdev)?

Jk XD

Don't flatter yourself :colonhash:
:lol:
If I can survive without my TSR wife, you can be sure that I will live (fully, even) without you! :aetsch:
:rofl:

Jk jk jk :hugs:
Yes: specifically, I fear that it's overrated.
Reply 24
Yes! Your sun comment made me want to curl up into a ball and cry...

Oh stop it! :frown:

Ok I apologise :frown:

One last food for thought: the fact that we all know we're going to die makes life much more valuable.

"We are not slowly dying but slowly living." - xylas, 2016
Original post by nucdev

you can be sure that I will live (fully, even) without you! :aetsch:

You're only saying that to desensitise yourself from the prospect of losing such an interesting bundle of joy like me forever. :yep:
everyday I crave its sweet embrace

/no, I am not fearful of death./
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by xylas
Ok I apologise :frown:

One last food for thought: the fact that we all know we're going to die makes life much more valuable.

"We are not slowly dying but slowly living." - xylas, 2016

Well yes, but I'd rather be a jelly fish.
That is what makes it worse I think!

I suppose you're right! But honestly, how would any of you Tsrians survive without my existence :flip: (especially @nucdev)?

Jk XD

Haha that's true :hugs:
As an Asian, death is nothing when compared to a C in an exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Perhaps you could view death as just returning to the state you was before birth. If that makes it less scary or less of a worry.
Only when I really think deeply about it, which is why I avoid thinking deeply about it.
Original post by just.revising
As an Asian, death is nothing when compared to a C in an exam...

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. :redface:
Reply 33
You're only saying that to desensitise yourself from the prospect of losing such an interesting bundle of joy like me forever. :yep:

Maybe :innocent:

Just to make you feel EVEN better :tongue:

Birth is but the beginning of a trajectory to death; for all their love, parents cannot halt it and in a sense have “given us to death” merely by giving us birth.
I wasn't going to do this but it seems I may be able to help some people if only in some small way, I will start an AMA on my recent heart attack, if some think it would help.
Original post by dozyrosie
I wasn't going to do this but it seems I may be able to help some people if only in some small way, I will start an AMA on my recent heart attack, if some think it would help.

You had a heart attack? Yeah post your thread if you wouldn't mind please, these are them AMAs people actually want to ask questions about.
Original post by Wilfred Little
You had a heart attack? Yeah post your thread if you wouldn't mind please, these are them AMAs people actually want to ask questions about.

OK.
"Meditation on inevitable death should be performed daily. Every day when one's body and mind are at peace, one should meditate upon being ripped apart by arrows, rifles, spears and swords, being carried away by surging waves, being thrown into the midst of a great fire, being struck by lightning, being shaken to death by a great earthquake, falling from thousand-foot cliffs, dying of disease or committing seppuku at the death of one's master. And every day without fail one should consider himself as dead."
I know it happens to everyone, but if I think about it deeply enough I honestly I get on the verge of having a panic attack. Just the thought of your existence being no more, the complete loss of feeling, good or bad. Just the loss of touch with reality and then in most peoples cases leaving your loved ones behind...never to feel anything ever again.

(Obviously that is if you don't believe in an after life or God etc)

https://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments/1gwp3u/what_is_it_about_death_that_scares_you/

Procrastination led me too reddit :redface:

I swear I've made this thread before, aha oh well XD Clearly I'm still not over the fear of this inevitable thing that will eventually happen to me one day...

Excites me kind off because then you would know what happens to the deceased, but then it doesnt because i think nothing happens and i wouldnt even be aware nothing happens just like a child in the womb

I guess the excitement is Allan sending me to the hellfire
Reply 39
I know it happens to everyone, but if I think about it deeply enough I honestly I get on the verge of having a panic attack. Just the thought of your existence being no more, the complete loss of feeling, good or bad. Just the loss of touch with reality and then in most peoples cases leaving your loved ones behind...never to feel anything ever again.

Yikes, yeah. I mean, this is exactly what happens to me. Sometimes it is selective that I focus on it and other times my brain jumps to these exact thoughts even if I try to fight them off.

I have honestly just started doing more active things (cycling, horse riding, skateboarding) to help with it and have reduced the number of "quiet" activities (drawing, reading etc) that I do to stop myself having that time to think about it.

On the bright side, I got an A* on a performance by using it to have a legitimate panic attack for a scene in a play. Was quite empowering using it to my advantage.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending