The Student Room Group

GCSE OCR Religious Studies 2016 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello! New to forum and looking for help. Can anyone remember what the 2 mark question was about contraception? Got a horrible feeling I may have Mi's read!! HELP!!
Anyone?!!
Original post by Offmyrocker
Hello! New to forum and looking for help. Can anyone remember what the 2 mark question was about contraception? Got a horrible feeling I may have Mi's read!! HELP!!

State two reasons why Hindus may allow contraception.
Thank you for replying. I answered the Christian section but presume it would have been the same! Couldn't remember if it was would or wouldn't!!
Original post by Offmyrocker
Thank you for replying. I answered the Christian section but presume it would have been the same! Couldn't remember if it was would or wouldn't!!

Yeah the question on all the religions are the same. For that I put to improve a relationship which is right, but for the second one I put as a test, may be too vague...
Reply 125
Well that exam was...interesting! I'm hoping philosophy goes better!
I only left one line between each full question and then left no lines between my section a),b),c)d)e) etc do you think that's ok or will that get my paper not marked???
Original post by grace143
Guys does it matter that I didn't leave a line between my answers?!

didn't leave a line either, like not even between the abcde parts of questions I'm really worried as well!
Original post by sophieadams135
didn't leave a line either, like not even between the abcde parts of questions I'm really worried as well!

Yeah I didn't leave a line even between a b c etc either, but I'm sure it will be fine:smile:
Original post by grace143
Yeah I didn't leave a line even between a b c etc either, but I'm sure it will be fine:smile:

Why is everyone worried about that?! Not that I did it. The examiner marks it computerised. For example, if you were on question 2e and did only 3 lines, then moved on to question 8e and finished that, you can put 3e under 8e and the scanner would sort everything out! Although if you do write big so the lines would over lap on each question it would be difficult for them to mark. However, I think you're ok!
Original post by Faizanasif
Isn't it always 60% C, 70% B, 80% A and 90% A*?

If not, I'll assume it would be quite high

Not quite that high for A* or A.
An A* is more like just over 80% (I think), and an A is like just over 70% (I think)
#OCREthics on Twitter is so relevant to me after that exam...
Original post by jaskomal
It was good! The question about societies affect on role of women through me off a bit..what did you write for this?

Just about equality meaning their role is a lot more prominent, including their role in Church becoming more important. That makes the RCC look unjust as they believe that women should remain "silent in Church" and "obey" their husbands etc :wink:
Original post by Ishan_2000
Not quite that high for A* or A.
An A* is more like just over 80% (I think), and an A is like just over 70% (I think)

My teacher says it hardly ever changes as the questions they set are all very similar, but different wording
Original post by HouseOfRichman
Just about equality meaning their role is a lot more prominent, including their role in Church becoming more important. That makes the RCC look unjust as they believe that women should remain "silent in Church" and "obey" their husbands etc :wink:

Yeah that was a nice question. Supported by when Paul says women should remain silent in the Church and cover their heads. And also Genesis where Adam was made first, and Eve was made as a companion for Adam. She was also made from Adam's ribs. If I don't get full marks on that, I'd be annoyed as I wrote a page on that!
I wrote on the front of my booklet that I had used 9 booklets thinking it was pages! (Doh!) The examiner only mentioned that it was 1 that we needed to write when we got the second paper so I couldn't change it! Will this be a huge problem because I can't help but worry!
Wasn't the question why they wouldn't allow contraception?
Original post by Heardmanator
I wrote on the front of my booklet that I had used 9 booklets thinking it was pages! (Doh!) The examiner only mentioned that it was 1 that we needed to write when we got the second paper so I couldn't change it! Will this be a huge problem because I can't help but worry!

Don't worry! The examiner or the person who scans the papers in tot the computer would know you've made a mistake. Who in the world can write 9 booklets of 10 pages in 1 hour? :grin:
Original post by ViscountViktor
Wasn't the question why they wouldn't allow contraception?

The part b question? No, it was the opposite!
Reply 139
Philosophy!?!?! Has anyone else basically forgotten about this??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending