The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE BIOLOGY UNIT 1 Predictions!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Dizgurl
You put 'carbon and water' and I just thought it would be 'carbon dioxide and water'..... I don't think it's wrong, just a slight tweak that would be better to use to secure the marks :tongue:

To be fair there was a 4 marker on GM crops JUNE 14 so it probably won't even come up

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
My teacher, who is one of the best in the county, reckons the 6 marker might be on the reflex arc. This would be great, as i find it really simple, but I can't see them putting it as a 6 marker, as there was one past paper i did where it was a 4 marker. Who knows?
Original post by plex-
My teacher, who is one of the best in the county, reckons the 6 marker might be on the reflex arc. This would be great, as i find it really simple, but I can't see them putting it as a 6 marker, as there was one past paper i did where it was a 4 marker. Who knows?

Explain 6 marker on reflect arc please.
Original post by Tompicko22
My teachers said that 😰

Surely if the papers are super hard the grade boundaries will be lower?? Good luck everyone!!
Original post by Adzkii786
They're going to make our paper 10x difficult, according to my teachers/others, as we are the last year so prepare for the worst. :afraid:

Except we're not the last year
Reply 65
Original post by plex-

-Receptor detects a stimuli
-sensory neuroses transmits impulse to cns
-relay neuroses passes impulse on
-motor neurone
-effector

Then explain chemicals are releases between synapses called neurone transmitters...
Information travels in electrical impulses.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 66
Original post by elizab3th
Surely if the papers are super hard the grade boundaries will be lower?? Good luck everyone!!

Hope so good luck :smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by plex-

It'll involve synapses if it is
Reply 68
A GM Crop 6 marker could talk about the pro's and con's of GM Crops, so you could just give three advantages (They are already being grown without problems outside the UK, increase the yield and they could be engineered to have nutrients missing from peoples diets) and three disadvantages (Reducing farmland diversity, genes could get out into the natural environment, so we get genetically modified weeds for example, and they may not be safe and people could develop allergies)
I just did my French test, and the paper was so different and difficult to other past papers I had done, so hope for the worst with this years AQA's papers
Reply 70
Well that was an unusual 6 marker....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 72
That was an easy question but the rest of the paper.......... HARDD!!!!
I did not know you had to learn what an independent company was...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74
And it turns out...
Original post by lunaticash19995
I did not know you had to learn what an independent company was.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What did you say it was?
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did you say it was?

Something like ' a third party which is not involved in the production of the drug or connected to the drug company'
Not sure if it is correct.
That was an easy paper actually.
No knowledge, literally just application.
Aqa seem to think that teenagers have a lot of bad habits- alcoholism in biology and vaping in the french igcse
Original post by hxfsxh
That was an easy paper actually.
No knowledge, literally just application.
Aqa seem to think that teenagers have a lot of bad habits- alcoholism in biology and vaping in the french igcse

I agree the paper was not hard but it was definitely different from other years.
Original post by lunaticash19995
Something like ' a third party which is not involved in the production of the drug or connected to the drug company'
Not sure if it is correct.

I wrote that too!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending