The Student Room Group

(Edexcel) B1 17th May

Feeling confident for today? Anyone think they know what the 6 markers could be? I'm guessing nitrogen cycle for one

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
i dont think it can be nitrogen cycle because specifications mentioned that it was a paper 2 topic

Posted from TSR Mobile
Confident, no but I'm well prepared. I think nitrogen cycle too and maybe recycling as it's never really come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I'm predicting:

Nitrogen Cycle for six marker.
Pathogens and infection for six marker.

Could be wrong but pathogen and infection rarely ever get mentioned in the exam paper.
Original post by Shaudi
i dont think it can be nitrogen cycle because specifications mentioned that it was a paper 2 topic

Posted from TSR Mobile

B2? Nitrogen Cycle is the last page of B1! Trust me!
Original post by studentlife444
Confident, no but I'm well prepared. I think nitrogen cycle too and maybe recycling as it's never really come up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's a good point everyone i've spoken to thinks nitrogen cycle for a 6 marker! Which is good as the nitrogen cycle is quite nice and easy, what about for C1?
Original post by L0st45
I'm predicting:

Nitrogen Cycle for six marker.
Pathogens and infection for six marker.

Could be wrong but pathogen and infection rarely ever get mentioned in the exam paper.

That's a really good point, I could imagine them asking about the 6 ways diseases can be transmitted and an example-that would be quite a nice 6 marker as theres not much to say
Original post by Shaudi

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you do AQA per chance? I've seen a lot of AQA people say nitrogen cycle isn't on this paper but it's on the Edexcel B1 paper
Reply 8
Original post by chrlhyms
That's a really good point, I could imagine them asking about the 6 ways diseases can be transmitted and an example-that would be quite a nice 6 marker as theres not much to say

It would be lush wouldn't it. I reckon they'd be quite harsh with that six-marker though, I reckon they'd want you to name each bacterium, fungus and virus for each way the disease can be spread (i.e direct contact, such as the pathogen athlete's foot fungus) fingers crossed that's the six marker though!

Alternatively I reckon they'd ask about drugs and their effects on the CNS - drugs hasn't ever really been a six marker in itself, it hasn't been the focus of six marker before.
Original post by bethanngreen
Do you do AQA per chance? I've seen a lot of AQA people say nitrogen cycle isn't on this paper but it's on the Edexcel B1 paper

Yeah! I do Edexcel, this is the Edexcel B1 thread! ahah
Original post by L0st45
It would be lush wouldn't it. I reckon they'd be quite harsh with that six-marker though, I reckon they'd want you to name each bacterium, fungus and virus for each way the disease can be spread (i.e direct contact, such as the pathogen athlete's foot fungus) fingers crossed that's the six marker though!

Alternatively I reckon they'd ask about drugs and their effects on the CNS - drugs hasn't ever really been a six marker in itself, it hasn't been the focus of six marker before.

Could be actually, the little you have to talk about the better as there is less on the markscheme which is better-so stumulants, deppressants, pain relievers and halluciogens? yeah you could name an example and then describe their effect (caffine, alcohol, morphine, LSD)
Reply 11
Could be actually, the little you have to talk about the better as there is less on the markscheme which is better-so stumulants, deppressants, pain relievers and halluciogens? yeah you could name an example and then describe their effect (caffine, alcohol, morphine, LSD)

Yeah, what you just said. Good luck with your exam today, fingers crossed there isn't much on binomial classification or phototropism (haha!).
Original post by L0st45
Yeah, what you just said. Good luck with your exam today, fingers crossed there isn't much on binomial classification or phototropism (haha!).

you too! Good luck!
Reply 13
How was the paper??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 14
As of now, 2:04pm, they should be in the exam hall. It might be late, but good luck to you all.
That exam was incredible!
That was all so easy. I knew everything, the only way I might slip up is due to exam technique but in general I think I did well. And that Binomial Name question though xD
Original post by LemonSeed
That was all so easy. I knew everything, the only way I might slip up is due to exam technique but in general I think I did well. And that Binomial Name question though xD

I don't think i made any mistakes but i forgot to say vasoconstriction on the blood vessels question, was it a 2 mark or 3 mark?
i don't think i made any mistakes but i forgot to say vasoconstriction on the blood vessels question, was it a 2 mark or 3 mark?

it was definitely a 3 marker
Original post by Bianca 16
it was definitely a 3 marker

could i still get 3 marks without specifically saying vasoconstriction?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending