The Student Room Group
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol

Bristol Sutton Trust 2016

Hi,

I'm just wondering if anyone has applied to the Sutton Trust summer school at Bristol this year? I haven't heard back yet so has anyone else yet? I know they are supposed to contact us by tomorrow but lots of people have heard back from the other participating universities. The wait is almost killing me!!!!

Scroll to see replies

I haven't heard back either!! Quite nervous too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inside University of Bristol
University of Bristol
Bristol
Reply 2
I heard back yesterday and I got in :smile: Have you heard back yet?
Reply 3
Original post by Millyflower
I haven't heard back either!! Quite nervous too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Same- it says on the website that we should have found out by yesterday? Really want to go though
I've been accepted for biomedical science , cant wait !
Reply 5
Just heard back a couple of days ago, I've been accepted for Maths! Extremely excited. It was apparently quite a selective purpose and for some odd reason, people who have generally better grades than me weren't accepted? I'm not sure what it was based on, Nevertheless, looking forward to it!
Reply 6
Original post by Megan_99
I heard back yesterday and I got in :smile: Have you heard back yet?

What course are you on?
Reply 7
Original post by shivtek
What course are you on?

History what about you?
Reply 8
Original post by shivtek
Just heard back a couple of days ago, I've been accepted for Maths! Extremely excited. It was apparently quite a selective purpose and for some odd reason, people who have generally better grades than me weren't accepted? I'm not sure what it was based on, Nevertheless, looking forward to it!

I'm pretty sure it was partially based on grades but also what type of neighborhood and area you live in and stuff like whether your parents went to university, whether you went to a good or bad school etc. It's because it's aimed at 'non-privileged' students which is why I don't think they accept people who went to private schools and stuff. I still think the selection process isn't necessarily great though because I know people who went to my school, got the same grades as me and live in the same area who didn't get in when I did.
Reply 9
History what about you?

The most beautiful of the arts-

Mathematics.
Reply 10
I'm pretty sure it was partially based on grades but also what type of neighborhood and area you live in and stuff like whether your parents went to university, whether you went to a good or bad school etc. It's because it's aimed at 'non-privileged' students which is why I don't think they accept people who went to private schools and stuff. I still think the selection process isn't necessarily great though because I know people who went to my school, got the same grades as me and live in the same area who didn't get in when I did.

Yeah these people are all from the same background, but they didn't get in. Can't complain though, at least we did.
#ItsSomething
Reply 11
Have you guys received a pack in the post yet? I got an email saying I will soon but it's been a week.
Reply 12
Original post by shivtek
Have you guys received a pack in the post yet? I got an email saying I will soon but it's been a week.

No, I was told it would be a week but I haven't got it yet either
Reply 13
No, I was told it would be a week but I haven't got it yet either

Ok, i emailed Mr Prince asking when we should expect the letter to come and the date that it starts. I'll let you all know when he replies!
Reply 14
Apologies for the delay in the post! You should definitely receive the pack by the end of this week! (We've had some problems sending the stuff out!)

For your information, the dates are Sunday 10th July - Friday 15th July of this year. Let me know if you haven't received the pack by Friday!

With best wishes.

Tom

(I got a reply to my email)
Reply 15
Original post by shivtek
Apologies for the delay in the post! You should definitely receive the pack by the end of this week! (We've had some problems sending the stuff out!)

For your information, the dates are Sunday 10th July - Friday 15th July of this year. Let me know if you haven't received the pack by Friday!

With best wishes.

Tom

(I got a reply to my email)

Ah, thank you hopefully we'll get it by Friday then haha
Reply 16

If we don't, we'll post on this forum?
Reply 17

If we don't, post on this forum.
What streams has everyone been accepted onto? :smile:
I received the same reply when I enquired about the information pack. Still haven't recived mine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending