The Student Room Group

Cfe Higher Administration and IT, Theory

Hi

Does anyone have any tips for revising for this subject and any predictions for this years theory exam? Because there is a lot of information to remember and the exam is only worth 30 marks.Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by George77
Hi

Does anyone have any tips for revising for this subject and any predictions for this years theory exam? Because there is a lot of information to remember and the exam is only worth 30 marks.Thanks!

I did higher admin and got 30/30 in the exam, it is relatively straightforward just the time constraint is a bit hard.

Section 1, your answers MUST relate and also use the name of the organisation. It was Milne Accounting Ltd last year, so that should have been included in your answer.

If you have knowledge of the command words, you have 15/30 already In my opinion. I think time and task management will appear, and it will be method of monitoring them, it's just a case of describing them and stating why they are effective. The only reason I got 30/30 was not out of luck, it's because I back on to develop my point and say why jargon would be a barrier to effective communication as why a language barrier would cause problems.

If you need any help with revision quote me/message me I'll be happy to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by qasim-98
I did higher admin and got 30/30 in the exam, it is relatively straightforward just the time constraint is a bit hard.

Section 1, your answers MUST relate and also use the name of the organisation. It was Milne Accounting Ltd last year, so that should have been included in your answer.

If you have knowledge of the command words, you have 15/30 already In my opinion. I think time and task management will appear, and it will be method of monitoring them, it's just a case of describing them and stating why they are effective. The only reason I got 30/30 was not out of luck, it's because I back on to develop my point and say why jargon would be a barrier to effective communication as why a language barrier would cause problems.

If you need any help with revision quote me/message me I'll be happy to help.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! Do I need to know about 'meetings' because my teacher says that it could come up and she gave us a booklet which is like 18 pages with lots of key words to remember.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thanks! Do I need to know about 'meetings' because my teacher says that it could come up and she gave us a booklet which is like 18 pages with lots of key words to remember.

Yeah, my teacher did the exact same and you should learn meetings, it's likely to come up because it Made no appearance last year, but meetings might have been under the topic audio and web conferencing so I'm not sure.

Yeah there are a lot of words like quorum and unanimous and things like that you must know. You need to write a lot to gain marks in this subject I think so if you're fine with that you should do well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I am glad I learned meetings. There were 2 questions about meetings worth 10 marks in total :smile:. Does anybody have a question paper?
Reply 5
I am glad I learned meetings. There were 2 questions about meetings worth 10 marks in total :smile:. Does anybody have a question paper?

How was it?
Reply 6
Original post by qasim-98
How was it?

It was good but some questions were a bit vague. Overall I am happy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending