The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Spanish 20th May 2016

Hiya! Who else is pumped and ready for the AQA GCSE Spanish exam on the 20th May? Apparently the AQA French Listening exam changed format to around 27 questions with longer speaking extracts... #daunting
Anyway, lets get ready for the end of our GCSE Spanish careers!

Here are some links to past papers: http://www.aqa.org.uk/subjects/languages/gcse/spanish-4695/past-papers-and-mark-schemes

Some of my preferred revision resources:
http://www.memrise.com/course/70944/aqa-gcse-spanish-ht/
http://www.language-gym.com
http://www.spanishrevision.co.uk/gcse/gcse_index.htm

Scroll to see replies

Omg everytime i have post about Spanish no one has replied but I'm acutally shitting myself for Friday and hopefully they don't make the speaking extracts longer

Posted from TSR Mobile
not worried at all, lowest mark I have gotten in Spanish mock exams since year 9 is 2 marks below full, and got full UMS in French last year so tbh I'm focusing on chemistry revision right now- probably won't revise at all for Spanish until warm up session on Friday. Even if it is really hard I'm currently on 298 UMS since I dropped one mark on a speaking test

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wobuaini
not worried at all, lowest mark I have gotten in Spanish mock exams since year 9 is 2 marks below full, and got full UMS in French last year so tbh I'm focusing on chemistry revision right now- probably won't revise at all for Spanish until warm up session on Friday. Even if it is really hard I'm currently on 298 UMS since I dropped one mark on a speaking test

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 3 B's and 1 A in my controlled assesment is there a way of calculating ums points online as my teacher told me but i forgot
Anyone know about UMS points?? :smile: And i hope our exam isnt as diffcult as the french today as they are both the same exam board and if its anything like the biology today FML
Hey! I did the french listening today and I'm doing Spanish on Friday, and I can tell you that the exam was very hard!
Nothing on environment or anything just stuff about vaping, selfies and an orange badge (????)
I've been getting full marks on listening papers for about 2 years now and I probably dropped about 6 marks on that paper, so be warned guys, it'll probably be muy dificíl
The speaking extracts are longer as well, and I noticed that they spoke much faster, especially when at important parts of the extract (annoyingly)
Hopefully the grade boundaries should be tonnes lower to compensate for it though!

Do your best, learn as much vocab as possible, and good luck to us all :smile:
Reply 6
Who is doing it for a level?
Original post by Rajive
Who is doing it for a level?

im doing both french and spanish for A levels! :smile:
i did the AQA French reading and listening paper today, and like most people said it was difficult, however it was do able! my stronger subject is spanish (out of spanish and french) and i felt confident that i had done quite well in the French so i think spanish should be too hard! As long as your CW is good then don;t worry / stress too much on the exams, CW is 60% and exams are only 40%, my advice would be just to know synonyms as i think thats what caught people out in the French exams. They also had a lot more texts in the reading paper!But in all honestly im looking forward to the spanish exam! Buena Suerte x x x
Original post by massssssss_
i did the AQA French reading and listening paper today, and like most people said it was difficult, however it was do able! my stronger subject is spanish (out of spanish and french) and i felt confident that i had done quite well in the French so i think spanish should be too hard! As long as your CW is good then don;t worry / stress too much on the exams, CW is 60% and exams are only 40%, my advice would be just to know synonyms as i think thats what caught people out in the French exams. They also had a lot more texts in the reading paper!But in all honestly im looking forward to the spanish exam! Buena Suerte x x x

Buena Suerte x
do you know the ums points and grades??
I'm so screwed....... I got a C for listening and E for reading in the Spanish mock exam. And from all the complaints I've seen from the people who did the French exam today, I'm ready for a D in spanish lol...
Original post by Elleee1234
Buena Suerte x
do you know the ums points and grades??

Muchas gracias x x
and noo i don;t sorry, if i find out anytime soon, i'll post it x

Si quieres practicar tu español podemos practicar juntas? :smile: x
Muchas gracias x x
and noo i don;t sorry, if i find out anytime soon, i'll post it x

Si quieres practicar tu español podemos practicar juntas? :smile: x

si por favour
gracias
They should be! When ever the format of the exam has changed, the grade boundaries always drop to compensate. Many of the exams boards are already being watched by the government to ensure there is 'fair play'. I've been looking on the spec today to go through the keywords and take down some higher tier vocab in preparation...
Y mi por favour!!! :wink: ¿te gustaría español?
si por favour
gracias
Original post by HouseOfRichman

si
how are we going to help each other
Original post by HouseOfRichman

sí! me gusta español muchísimo ! Es mi asignatura favorita :smile: ¿y tu?
Vas a tomar español por un opción de 'a-levels?' x
si
how are we going to help each other

We could start an imessage group chat, or message through DM's on twitter? :smile: any social media really haha
Reply 18
I got As in my controlled assessment but I'm slightly worried for Friday

Posted from TSR Mobile
We could start an imessage group chat, or message through DM's on twitter? :smile: any social media really haha

ill pm you my twitter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending