The Student Room Group

Should people go to university early?

Interesting to hear other people's opinions on the subject.
why not
Original post by V ugvg jhi
why not

Well, why should they?
clearly not written by a student..
because going to uni is an intellectual challenge, and if people meet the intellectual challenge then why not.
and btw the onus was on you to provide reasons against, as people can do as they like, unless its bad
Original post by Justmoll28
clearly not written by a student..

What do you mean?
I am 16 (17 in few days) and I'll join a uni next year.
Most students go to university as a way to extend the period where they don't have to face the real life outside the comfort of mum and dad.

It really wouldn't be a bad thing if one were to need at least one or two years before undergoing a bachelors.
Original post by Incongruous
Most students go to university as a way to extend the period where they don't have to face the real life outside the comfort of mum and dad.

It really wouldn't be a bad thing if one were to need at least one or two years before undergoing a bachelors.

this is a joke right?
What do you think the benefits are of going to university early and do you think that the benefits outweigh the consequences?
You should go to University when you're ready to go to University. I went to Uni when I was 18, and didn't really enjoy it. But, now that I'm a bit older, and doing my masters I'm enjoying it a lot more.
Original post by godofwine
You should go to University when you're ready to go to University. I went to Uni when I was 18, and didn't really enjoy it. But, now that I'm a bit older, and doing my masters I'm enjoying it a lot more.

Your avatar is awesome!
Original post by Maths465Man
Interesting to hear other people's opinions on the subject.

People should go to the university, if they are ready and willing for that (of course they should have appropriate education as requirement), no matter whether the people are under 17 or over 30. It is even possible to study in retirement age, so who cares?
Original post by Blondie987
Your avatar is awesome!

Thanks! I'm a Sinner!
Original post by godofwine
Thanks! I'm a Sinner!

I am in love with P!atd! :biggrin:
I personally think 18 is too young. Some people might be intelligent enough to go when they're younger than that but that doesn't mean they're emotionally mature enough.

Not being able to drink must suck too.
(edited 7 years ago)
No not mainstream university's anyway because they wouldn't fit in with the lifestyle at unis. Maybe advanced evening classes or special uni style schools / academy's for advanced kids would be more suitable

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Maths465Man
What do you think the benefits are of going to university early and do you think that the benefits outweigh the consequences?

Going earlier to university -> being finished with studying earlier -> get a job earlier -> earning money earlier.

That is a surficial and very simple causal chain, but if everything in this chain goes well, it may work.
It would cost too much.

Quick Reply

Latest