The Student Room Group

AQA AS Chemistry 2016 Official Thread

Chemistry thread for this years new spec exams.
Post predictions, help each other etc..

Scroll to see replies

I'm depressed. :frown:
extrapolation graph, can't remember what it is for, but the one where you draw a gradient backwards and find Δh through that
aha, i have no idea what that is
Anyone got any revision advice... If the exams are anything like the specimen papers then is there any point doing past papers??
Reply 5
Original post by CosineOfPi
extrapolation graph, can't remember what it is for, but the one where you draw a gradient backwards and find Δh through that

Are you talking about the enthalpy/heat change experiment where you have to draw two lines of best fit and find the veritcal difference (temperature change)?
I'm scared :frown:
Original post by samiyahussain
I'm scared :frown:

Same! How are you revising??
Do you know what practicals could come up on the inorganic paper or organic paper? Or is it possible they could all be spread over the two papers? :s
Reply 9
Original post by Whydoihavetojoin
Do you know what practicals could come up on the inorganic paper or organic paper? Or is it possible they could all be spread over the two papers? :s

For the first paper:
1.Make up a volumetric solution and carry out a simple acid–base titration
2.Measurement of an enthalpy change
3.Investigation of how the rate of a reaction changes with temperature
4.Carry out simple test-tube reactions to identify anions and cations.

For the second paper:
1.Distillation of a product from a reaction
2.Tests for alcohol, aldehyde, alkene and carboxylic acid
:smile:
Was it just me who found the specimen papers really hard? :frown: I've been getting As in tests all year round but now I just feel depressed omg.
What does the 'n' in the Ideal Gas Equation actually mean?Say if we had a question asking us about the decomposition of Potassium Carbonate upon heating, what would the 'n' mean? Moles of oxygen or Potassium Carbonate?
Original post by Bigbosshead
What does the 'n' in the Ideal Gas Equation actually mean?Say if we had a question asking us about the decomposition of Potassium Carbonate upon heating, what would the 'n' mean? Moles of oxygen or Potassium Carbonate?

n= moles
Moles of potassium carbonate because the oxygen is in excess.
Original post by ronit.prais
Anyone got any revision advice... If the exams are anything like the specimen papers then is there any point doing past papers??

ikr :frown: I got 43/80 for paper 1. I've never got anything below 70% and now I get this.
But Potassium Carbonate is not a gas.
Original post by Bigbosshead
But Potassium Carbonate is not a gas.

Oops sorry, that was silly of me. You'd have to find the moles of the gases formed then.
Reply 16
Has everyone found the specimen papers really difficult? I got barely 60% in them whilst in past papers I'm getting near to the full marks! :frown:
Original post by M.P.C
Has everyone found the specimen papers really difficult? I got barely 60% in them whilst in past papers I'm getting near to the full marks! :frown:

I found them really difficult too
Reply 18
Original post by angellll
I found them really difficult too

do you think we will be looking at low grade boundaries?
Does anyone know where I can find some tricky calculations questions? I've been looking but can't find any that are as hard as the specimen paper :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest