The Student Room Group

sociology aqa as retake exam may 17th 2016 predictions?!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Laurah129
And then the 24 markers were worded a bit weirdly? Did anyone else find the same?

Yeah I thought that. I expect with the one about factors effecting equality in roles and relationships they wanted to lure people into just talking about gender.
Original post by SoggyCabbages
Yeah I thought that. I expect with the one about factors effecting equality in roles and relationships they wanted to lure people into just talking about gender.

Wait; what did u write for the equality one?
Original post by SoggyCabbages

They did the 'today' thing again; it wrecked me last year. Where I went on a rant about the medieval times of childhood and what not, but that doesn't score you marks.
Original post by starshine909
Wait; what did u write for the equality one?

Don't worry about it now haha, you've done the test. You've done your best.
Gotta get ready for the next :biggrin:
Reply 24
What was the question for roles and relationships? I thought it had 'to what extent' in the question, so I spoke about reasons why roles and relationships are more equal and why they aren't.

Would this be right?
Original post by georockman
Don't worry about it now haha, you've done the test. You've done your best.
Gotta get ready for the next :biggrin:

But what do u mean they tried to lure us into gender?? Wasn't it about relationships?
Original post by aimbx
What was the question for roles and relationships? I thought it had 'to what extent' in the question, so I spoke about reasons why roles and relationships are more equal and why they aren't.

Would this be right?

Yeah that's what I did but appearantly it's wrong?
Reply 27
Original post by starshine909
Yeah that's what I did but appearantly it's wrong?

who said it was wrong?
Original post by aimbx
who said it was wrong?

I'm assuming we shouldn't have had focused on gender roles? Idk
Reply 29
How did everyone find the exam?
I thought that it was ok, was kinda looking forward to a demography question?

And then the 24 markers were worded a bit weirdly? Did anyone else find the same?

I have mixed feelings about the exam. I mean I thought the questions were simple but worded weirdly, and as for the last 24 marker. wow, completely caught me off guard. I also don't think an hour is enough
I was revising out of my butt this morning to cram demography in my head lmao.
Reply 31
Did the roles Q have the line 'to what extent'?
Is there a chance of still getting a high mark if you think you did pretty well in the paper but didn't finish one of the 24 markers? I started writing the last question way too late and didn't finish at all, I hardly got any of it done and I'm worried I'll end up with a D
How did they manage to write functions and family diversity in the same questions, totally threw me off!!!
Original post by Mmmbbb
I have mixed feelings about the exam. I mean I thought the questions were simple but worded weirdly, and as for the last 24 marker. wow, completely caught me off guard. I also don't think an hour is enough

Yeah agreed.
One hour is definitely not enough! Always get cramps in my hand from writing so quickly and continuously aha!
I hope the grade boundaries will be lowered because nobody retaking the paper in my centre could even manage to finish the last 24 marker on family diversity and it seems others had the same issue
How did everyone find the exam?
I thought that it was ok, was kinda looking forward to a demography question?

I was so pleased with the topics that came up! however I do agree that the 24 markers were worded weirdly, it did take me a minute to sit there an actually figure out the right stuff to put into each essay...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending