The Student Room Group

Wil i still be able to get a C?

I need serious help. So basically I got my overall grade for my GCSE English control assessment back and i got a D. I was hoping if I get a C in the exam will my overall grade be a C?
Its 40% coursework and 60% Exam. I'am so confused because i really dont want to resit english. By the way im doing the Foundation paper so i cant get anything higher than a C.
Thank you for reading this!!!
Reply 1
That's definitely possible as the exam has a higher weighting. Did you get a high D? Try and aim for a high C in the exam, then you should get a C overall provided you didn't just scrape a D.
Original post by aarora
That's definitely possible as the exam has a higher weighting. Did you get a high D? Try and aim for a high C in the exam, then you should get a C overall provided you didn't just scrape a D.

Thank you so much!!! Yeah i think it was a high D
Original post by meghan_lucy321
Thank you so much!!! Yeah i think it was a high D

You just need to make up the shortfall. If it was a high D, then that means fewer marks to make up. If you just did slightly better in your exam so you got a medium or high C, then that should make things up.

Try your best, answer the question and keep making relevant points. Good luck.
Of course its possible!!!! If you a get C you need a high one to ensure that you pass but even then its slightly risky
Try your hardest and get a B to absolutely ensure that you get that pass you deserve!! You can do it!!! I believe in you!!!
Original post by 999tigger
You just need to make up the shortfall. If it was a high D, then that means fewer marks to make up. If you just did slightly better in your exam so you got a medium or high C, then that should make things up.

Try your best, answer the question and keep making relevant points. Good luck.

Thank you!!! and will do :smile:
Original post by shahanne
Of course its possible!!!! If you a get C you need a high one to ensure that you pass but even then its slightly risky
Try your hardest and get a B to absolutely ensure that you get that pass you deserve!! You can do it!!! I believe in you!!!

Omg Thank YOU so much!!!! That means so much to me! :smile:)))))))))

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending