The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i believe it should, however i am religious, which would cause problems. what is your opinions??
Reply 2
Original post by lascelles101
i believe it should, however i am religious, which would cause problems. what is your opinions??

Of course it should be legal. But only if it would not be possible for them to be provided with treatment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it should be as long as its regulated properly, i think the netherlands has a good system in place. I feel that people should be able to die in comfort on their terms.
Reply 4
I definitely think it should be legal. Everyone should have a choice, particularly individuals who are terminally ill and are suffering. What's the point of living a few extra days/months in agony when you're ready for death. I feel like a lot of family members are often selfish in this respect and expect people to "fight" an illness for as long as they can without realising the mental/physical impact it has on the actual ill person.
Original post by IAmNero
Of course it should be legal. But only if it would not be possible for them to be provided with treatment.

Posted from TSR Mobile

yes true!! so why is it not legal here?
Original post by aarora
I definitely think it should be legal. Everyone should have a choice, particularly individuals who are terminally ill and are suffering. What's the point of living a few extra days/months in agony when you're ready for death. I feel like a lot of family members are often selfish in this respect and expect people to "fight" an illness for as long as they can without realising the mental/physical impact it has on the actual ill person.

usally family do want them to die in peace, its british law which says no! families do not want to see any1 die however
For you I think euthanasia should be enforced.
Original post by claireestelle
I think it should be as long as its regulated properly, i think the netherlands has a good system in place. I feel that people should be able to die in comfort on their terms.

so y is it not legal here??
It should be, my nana who died recently had asked my dad to kill her she was in so much pain I just don't see a reason to force people to live in pain
Yes, I believe it should be legal. I don't think it's fair for people such as those who are terminally ill to remain in suffering until they die, which could potentially take quite a long time, they should have the choice to end their suffering early in a dignified way.
Original post by Anonymous
It should be, my nana who died recently had asked my dad to kill her she was in so much pain I just don't see a reason to force people to live in pain

i am very sorry for your loss. i understand what you mean, this was the same for my aunty
Yes.

However, there would have to be a mutual consensus. The individual, their family, and a medical professional - there are too many ways in which the law could be exploited if it weren't rigorous enough.

You shouldn't be able to kill someone if they asked you to. You should have to have a doctor check them and then they could carry out the procedure themselves. Otherwise the situation of "but they asked me to" could arise in an otherwise murder situation.
Yes.

Apply ---> Court reads application ---> application accepted or denied ---> regulations on how it takes place if accepted.

Simples
Original post by Alexion
Yes.

However, there would have to be a mutual consensus. The individual, their family, and a medical professional - there are too many ways in which the law could be exploited if it weren't rigorous enough.

You shouldn't be able to kill someone if they asked you to. You should have to have a doctor check them and then they could carry out the procedure themselves. Otherwise the situation of "but they asked me to" could arise in an otherwise murder situation.

euthanasia requires you to go to a medical centre. it is not up to a stranger, it has to be a medical proffesional
any religious opinions on this???
As religious teachings belief in pro-life??
No, i am against it. If someone is in so much pain then they should be able to take a bit more pain and kill themselves, its their life...and if someone notices it then they shoukd stop them. The fact that people are consciously allowing and helping someone to take their life doesnot seem right to me.
YES IT SHOULD OMG

Posted from TSR Mobile
any religious opinions on this???

always like to use a Utilitarian approach

Posted from TSR Mobile