The Student Room Group

WJEC PY1 EXAM MONDAY MAY 16th!!!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by harrietrr
It was just the type of question where you just feel really iffy about it gah! Also, I thought the Bowlby question was awfully vague too...I just wrote about the methodological and procedural problems....again another 12 marks which I just thought was really awkward to talk about ..

I didn't mind that! I didn't like Q8! First off HANG ON?! Question 8??? That was a bit of a shock. Did not like that at all. I probably got like 3 on that - I didn't really know what to say! Did you finish in time? A lot of people in my class either found it challenging or didn't finish so I'm hoping they bring the boundaries down.
Original post by AndrewKn0x
I didn't mind that! I didn't like Q8! First off HANG ON?! Question 8??? That was a bit of a shock. Did not like that at all. I probably got like 3 on that - I didn't really know what to say! Did you finish in time? A lot of people in my class either found it challenging or didn't finish so I'm hoping they bring the boundaries down.

Question 8... remind me?!?! And I found the timings to not be too bad but I do think the grade boundaries will be especially low when I consider the little amount of work some people in my year put in for that exam. Last year 37 out of 60 was a C, and even though it's out of 80 I'm thinking it'll be the same.. a little over half marks for a C
Reply 22
I found the exam alright, i felt like i made some of the evaluation points up just to add a paragraph to them, considering the 12 marks. And for the other we did psychosurgery which i got the names of the components mixed up for .... but other than that i think it was ok ... i think
Reply 23
I basically ********ted my way through that exam
Reply 24
Original post by harrietrr
Question 8... remind me?!?! And I found the timings to not be too bad but I do think the grade boundaries will be especially low when I consider the little amount of work some people in my year put in for that exam. Last year 37 out of 60 was a C, and even though it's out of 80 I'm thinking it'll be the same.. a little over half marks for a C

Question 8 was the compare and contrast between the biological and psychodynamic approaches with reference to a statement that basically said the biological approach was scientific but the psychodynamic approach had many advantages over it.
Original post by AndrewKn0x
Question 8 was the compare and contrast between the biological and psychodynamic approaches with reference to a statement that basically said the biological approach was scientific but the psychodynamic approach had many advantages over it.

It was the behaviourist approach, not biological
Original post by johnd45
It was the behaviourist approach, not biological

Uhh it was biological mate.
Original post by saiko291099
Uhh it was biological mate.

sorry mate, I just realised this was the exam for the new spec.
I did the retake for the old spec which happened to be on the same day as well lol.

Quick Reply