The Student Room Group

Wjec media as predictions

Scroll to see replies

My teacher told me to revise events and issues, as it has come up once in the past. Whereas, the others have come up time and time again :smile:
Original post by shannontlewis
How would you discuss events?? I've never practiced that.

My teacher said to pick recent events ( 2012- 2016) and compare how two different news papers have portrayed them e.g The mirror / independent
Use this slide it is very useful : https://www.slideshare.net/mobile/Jaskirt/presentation1-32458664
Original post by Rebeccalucy123
My teacher told me to revise events and issues, as it has come up once in the past. Whereas, the others have come up time and time again :smile:

What events are you hoping to discuss? And what texts are you referring to?
What are good events to write about?
Reply 24
Original post by zoeemmacfc
What are good events to write about?

Any event is good. Particularly contrasting ones. Olympics 2012/Mayor Election

Posted from TSR Mobile
It's tricky to guess. I think the most likely are events, issues, masculinity and national/regional identity. And either categories/response.:smile:
Original post by gigiblunt
It's tricky to guess. I think the most likely are events, issues, masculinity and national/regional identity. And either categories/response.:smile:

what do you mean by categories? if national/regional comes up i'm screwed lal
Original post by lauren_mh
what do you mean by categories? if national/regional comes up i'm screwed lal

One of the audience questions could be for example 'explore how audiences are categorised by the producers of media texts' - I hope it doesn't come up!
Reply 28
My teachers have predicted:
Text: moving image (not a prediction, this is true), also predicted that the text might be a trailer.
Question 3 theme: they haven't predicted anything. They have given us a list of all the questions asked for the last few years though, and that along with what everone else seems to think suggests it might be issues/events.
I've mainly revised issues / events but im struggling for audience Q. What examples has everyone used?
Original post by charlottelucy19
I've mainly revised issues / events but im struggling for audience Q. What examples has everyone used?

Real events and issues for Q3 and audience for 2?
My teacher screamed at me today when I told her everyone thinks it'll be events. She said that's never happened and she'll complain to the board if they do that. She thought I was telling her that the question had been leaked and FREAKED OUT. It was scary!
Predictions for audience question? Response? Target?
Original post by shannontlewis
My teacher screamed at me today when I told her everyone thinks it'll be events. She said that's never happened and she'll complain to the board if they do that. She thought I was telling her that the question had been leaked and FREAKED OUT. It was scary!

Looool omg I hope she's right because I will honestly cry in the exam if it's events. Events is the least covered topic for us and it has the least content for revision. I would honestly die. I wouldn't even know what to write about
I've been looking at some past papers and I don't think issues/events has come up since around 2012 so there is a high possibility it could be that, or national/regional identity, however, I'm really hoping for the representation of ethnicity/young people.
To everyone who thinks ethnicity is likely, it came up recently in 2014 so I reckon it will be either issues, events or nationality/regionality. I hope it's not nationality/regionality. Any guesses for audience questions?
Wait I'm confused ... What do you guys mean events ? In class we were told the 7 representations were : regional identity , age , gender , class and status , disability, sexuality and ethnicity ....
Original post by 10msolaimani
Wait I'm confused ... What do you guys mean events ? In class we were told the 7 representations were : regional identity , age , gender , class and status , disability, sexuality and ethnicity ....

I think the question is something like
"Explore how one or more events are represented in the media today"
So, an example of an event: The Queen's 90th Birthday, which could be age, and national/regional identity
Reply 38
A good event to use would be the new mayor (Khan) being elected and trumps muslim policy, these contrast very well and can be used for issues aswell I think. correct me if i'm wrong though :/
Original post by zoeemmacfc
Looool omg I hope she's right because I will honestly cry in the exam if it's events. Events is the least covered topic for us and it has the least content for revision. I would honestly die. I wouldn't even know what to write about

I think she is right because she's been teaching media for years and years and she's never been wrong about exam predictions apparently. Issues is still most most likely! So if you're confident talking about gender, bring in the position of women in the media as an issue 😊 You can say anything is an issue if you word it right!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending