The Student Room Group

IGCSE 2016 Biology (0610) 22, 42

We just had our Bio IGCSE exams.

How did it go and which questions did you find tough?

Love you.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi
I have my exam in a couple of hours. Im doing 21 and 41.
Can you let me know what came up in the exam?
Thanks
Reply 2
HI! i found the question on selective breeding of those red plants hard. Overall it was quite good. What about you
It was great! In the negative consequences of untreated sewage in rivers question, did u write about eutrophication?
Reply 4
Original post by katzinthehatz
It was great! In the negative consequences of untreated sewage in rivers question, did u write about eutrophication?

i just mentioned eutrofication, but i didnt explain it
Original post by katzinthehatz

I wrote that the amazzing algal bloom would block so much sunlight that plants would stop living cause they got no light. aerobic bacteria act and use up the oxygen creating a shortage and the fish die. :frown:
Reply 6
what did you write for disadvantages in sexual reproduction in the carnations?
Reply 7
Was the answer to which organ in the alimentary canal cholera affects the stomach?
Original post by vasuxx
Was the answer to which organ in the alimentary canal cholera affects the stomach?

intestine
Not fast enough
Negative traits might pass on too
Original post by vasuxx
what did you write for disadvantages in sexual reproduction in the carnations?

not fast enough
negative traits
Original post by vasuxx

small intestine
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by LuvDaStudiezz
small interstine

what was the answer of that surgery ????????
Reply 13
what was the answer of the magnification in paper 2 ,and what was the proportion of pure breeding???!!please answer!?
Reply 14
i wrote about metals like lead destroying the gills , contraceptive hormones leading to feministaion of male fish ,fish get stuck in plastics or they can get stuck in respiratory passages ,eutrofication etc .......
I wrote that the amazzing algal bloom would block so much sunlight that plants would stop living cause they got no light. aerobic bacteria act and use up the oxygen creating a shortage and the fish die. :frown:
Original post by laveeza
what was the answer of the magnification in paper 2 ,and what was the proportion of pure breeding???!!please answer!?

mag= 25
proportion: 1:1 or 50%
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by laveeza
what was the answer of that surgery ????????

Angioplasty
or
Bypass Surgery
mag= 0.025
proportion: 1:1 or 50%

magnification in paper 2 was 25 since u had to covert the values to same unit and then find the magnification
What were the answers for the first question about the heart? The table one?
not fast enough
negative traits

hey since they crossed the same the flowers it was example of inbreeding which leads to loss of vigor which is a disadvantage

Quick Reply