The Student Room Group

whats the best way to revise for my science GCSE

im studying additional science and finding it abit complicated of how i should revise
There are some best ways to revise:

1) Make your own revision timetable so that you would find time to revise Biology, Chemistry and Physics.
2) Revise some topics that you are weak at. Read them through, watch videos on youtube and make notes to make sure that you understand.
3)Make flashcards - they are very useful and it helps a lot. On the front of a card, write any questions eg. what is the structure of DNA? Then on the back of a card, write the answer (you don't have to write in detail - just make notes). When you are done making them, test yourself or ask someone to test you. This will increase your knowledge and understanding.
4) When you feel that you understand every topics, then go for past papers! If you get any answers wrong, study them and make sure you understand why you got it wrong. And always practice, practice and practice. Past papers is one of the best revision method!!

I hope this helps. And what examboard are you doing? I am doing Edexcel
Original post by Rabiaoxx
im studying additional science and finding it abit complicated of how i should revise

I think I just used past papers and did them all twice. Half of the questions seemed to repeat themselves when I studied them!
youtube videos and past papers, that's how I did it :h:

But really, it depends on what type of learner you are.. I'm an audio/visual learner so that method worked great for me.

All the best!
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest