The Student Room Group

AQA A2 MFP3 Further Pure 3 – 18th May 2016 [Exam Discussion Thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuperRoff
What is the perfect answer for the question asking about why it is an improper integral? Are they picky on the language you use for those answers?

I'm not sure if they're particularly picky or not but these are the general answers:
If one of the limits is infinity then write "The interval of integration is infinite".
If one of the functions in your integral does not exist at a particular limit such as lnx at x = 0. then write "lnx is not defined at x = 0".
Original post by SuperRoff
What is the perfect answer for the question asking about why it is an improper integral? Are they picky on the language you use for those answers?

Either 1) "One of the limits is undefined ie: cannot have In|0|"
Or 2) the interval of integration is infite for when one of the limits is infinity
Original post by TheLifelessRobot
I'm not sure if they're particularly picky or not but these are the general answers:
If one of the limits is infinity then write "The interval of integration is infinite".
If one of the functions in your integral does not exist at a particular limit such as lnx at x = 0. then write "lnx is not defined at x = 0".

1 min too late :wink:
Would it be best just to use a trial function with a degree of n+1 if the DE is set equal to a polynomial of nth degree just to be safe?

If you're not sure then it wouldn't hurt to in most cases you'll just get the coefficient of the term with degree n+1 to be 0.
Not the greatest at McLaughlins Theorem, any advice?
Original post by CrossmanMFC
Not the greatest at McLaughlins Theorem, any advice?

Lol McLaughlins
All that you need to know for maclaurins is pretty much in the formula booklet
They will usually ask to differentiate a function like in question 6 june 13, and then you just have to insert those in the formula
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by XxswagmasterxX
Lol McLaughlins
All that you need to know for maclaurins is pretty much in the formula booklet

Its McLaughlins isn't it, im going to do well lol
What are you guys doing now
Idk what to do at this point
Original post by C0balt

Well im in school but fp3 wise, reading teachers notes and i want to do those specimen papers and also if i get my hands on those hard polar questions from mat-5...
Well im in school but fp3 wise, reading teachers notes and i want to do those specimen papers and also if i get my hands on those hard polar questions from mat-5...

http://theallpapers.com/assessment-and-qualifications-alliance/a-level/

Scroll down and click Mathematics and all the stuff should be there.
http://theallpapers.com/assessment-and-qualifications-alliance/a-level/

Scroll down and click Mathematics and all the stuff should be there.

U da real mvp
Reply 251
Original post by C0balt

Waiting for tomorrow morning to come
Reply 252
Original post by misslili118
why can't you just use alpha and 1 with pi/6 and root21 /9 for the sin rule

Not too sure that way is just what I saw when I was doing it but u can have a go and see if it works
I will try to condense the polarquestions from legacy papers after 5 pm, tell me if anyone is interested
I will try to condense the polarquestions from legacy papers after 5 pm, tell me if anyone is interested

I would worship you for that

yes please!!
Original post by Hjyu1
Not too sure that way is just what I saw when I was doing it but u can have a go and see if it works

i did but it didn't work out :frown: I keep getting root 3

Would be greatly appreciated.
Original post by CrossmanMFC
Its McLaughlins isn't it, im going to do well lol

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Maclaurin

I think he meant it as a joke the second time

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending