The Student Room Group

AQA Core 1 and 2016 Predictions

What do you think?? Will it be easier than last year or harder?
What kind of "Curveball" questions do you think they will add???
Love to here what you think !!!!

Scroll to see replies

Bump
Original post by HiThere8964
Bump

Probably gonna be more difficult than 2015 paper, and the 2015 paper wasn't easy compared to past years
Original post by Big Moisty
Probably gonna be more difficult than 2015 paper, and the 2015 paper wasn't easy compared to past years

You think so?
I heard that in 2017 a new spec comes out so this year is the last AS on the old spec. My teacher said this means that this years paper will be like last years or easier, because if you fail you have to learn a new spec.

Food for thought right??
Original post by HiThere8964
You think so?
I heard that in 2017 a new spec comes out so this year is the last AS on the old spec. My teacher said this means that this years paper will be like last years or easier, because if you fail you have to learn a new spec.

Food for thought right??

No 2016 will be just as hard or more difficult than 2015, i think it's a fact.
Original post by Big Moisty
No 2016 will be just as hard or more difficult than 2015, i think it's a fact.

Glad to hear it!
Thanks for posting!
Reply 6
What is the above nonsense? It could be anything from easier, same to harder than last years paper.
Anyone have any suggestions? my money is on similar shape surds, tangent to the circle and two functions not intersecting
Original post by Zacken
What is the above nonsense? It could be anything from easier, same to harder than last years paper.

AQA know that so many A2 are taking it this year as its the last year of the spec, it wil so forth be hard and very high grade boundaires
Reply 9
Original post by clairebear101
AQA know that so many A2 are taking it this year as its the last year of the spec, it wil so forth be hard and very high grade boundaires

Not true.
Original post by Zacken
Not true.

Oh so very true, in chemistry and physics the papers were certainly much more difficult compared to the past papers also i'm gonna do the 2015 C1 edexcel paper and see if that's slightly more difficult than previous years....
Original post by thefatone
Oh so very true, in chemistry and physics the papers were certainly much more difficult compared to the past papers also i'm gonna do the 2015 C1 edexcel paper and see if that's slightly more difficult than previous years....

Im doing the new spec and its so much worse tbh i have no sympathy for anyone doing A2 right now, cuz its like gcse compared to what we do now, sorry not sorry
Original post by Zacken
Not true.

If you know it all why are u resitting core 1 yeah?
Reply 13

At this point I can't tell if you're just ignorant or trolling.
If you know it all why are u resitting core 1 yeah?

He isn't? He got 100 on C1 and C2
Reply 15
Original post by thefatone

You joking? The chemistry and physics papers were PISS in 2014/15. The papers before that were harder.
Original post by Student403

then why is he on this thread.......logic
then why is he on this thread.......logic

He helps people out with maths. He probably clicked on the thread, saw that people were spewing nonsense, and decided (rightly) to correct peoples' assumptions about how grade boundaries and exams work.
why would it be any harder just because its the last year?
Thats makes no sense.

It could be any difficulty, like every other year.
Im doing the new spec and its so much worse tbh i have no sympathy for anyone doing A2 right now, cuz its like gcse compared to what we do now, sorry not sorry

Me too i'm doing th new spec....

Original post by Student403

o.o i strive to be like @Zacken then...
Original post by Pra99
You joking? The chemistry and physics papers were PISS in 2014/15. The papers before that were harder.

huh? 2014 were fine, i definitely felt a difference when it came to 2015 though in physics and chem(but then again that might be because i'm bad at them)

Quick Reply

Latest