The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Hello, if you put X10 -3 , would that be correct? (Malaria Question)
Reply 81
:smile:
Reply 82
For the mosquitos, could you said a advantage would be that less people will have malaria as the males won't pass it on but then a disadvantage would be that there would be a drop in population as they there will be fewer adults to produce eggs?
What was the answer to the two differences of the horses feet over the 50 million years

Posted from TSR Mobile
What was that Independent company question and why is it important?

I put they are a separate company from the drug company who could offer unbiased results/opinions.

Let me know what you put!
Reply 85
Original post by Andy-22
For the mosquitos, could you said a advantage would be that less people will have malaria as the males won't pass it on but then a disadvantage would be that there would be a drop in population as they there will be fewer adults to produce eggs?

Yeah that's what I put ya you would get the mark I also put it could effect the food chain reducing biodiversity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 86
AQA messed us up, previous B1 papers were so much easier than that. Grade boundaries better be low...
Reply 87
Original post by Ahmed74
I had 10 seconds at the end so I randomly wrote that Lichens detect moisture and that you can use a 'moisture indicator' to detect it...

well I said that seagulls detect sea because sea is in its name. isnt that right? I am hoping for a A*
did anyone else feel there wasn't enough time? there was too much reading like hello aqa give us time, the format putt me off as well, and I put lichens and mayfly larvae for the last one for water pollution...concentration of dissolved oxygen and lichens for air..sulfur dioxide in the air.. oh god b2 will be a shIIIIITteeee !!! but for the 0.67 i multiplied it by 100 so i got 67%................. urgh i hate myself aqa needs to evaporate i am not looking forward to c1
Original post by Mocton2468
What was the answer to the two differences of the horses feet over the 50 million years

Posted from TSR Mobile

I said that less bones touched the ground and that the feet had come together to form a hoof?
Reply 90
Original post by AppleUK
Hello, if you put X10 -3 , would that be correct?

No. On two reasons: First off it was 2/3*10^-2 not -3 partway through the calculation. But 2/3*10^-2 is only halfway, because then you have to * by 100 to turn it into a %.

However depending on the first part of your answer you may get 1 mark.
Original post by InneRs
Same. I'm reassured.

I very sure it is 0.6666666666..... Almost all people in my school got this answer and a lot have A* further maths so i am inclined to agree with them.
Reply 92
Original post by Ads.m
AQA messed us up, previous B1 papers were so much easier than that. Grade boundaries better be low...

The paper was easier its just there was more worded opinion based questions which were new but they were common sense. I didn't finish the paper though :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
i might become a stripper if i failed.....
This is an early unofficial mark scheme! We finished the paper less than 50 minutes ago!

They did not have a single question, or even the slight allusion to:
- Menstrual Cycle
- Hormones
- Cloning - neither plant nor animals
- Pathogens/Disease/White Blood Cells
- Homeostasis

This is nearly, or it might be, half the specification!
Reply 95
Original post by 0lut0
Yeah that's what I put ya you would get the mark I also put it could effect the food chain reducing biodiversity.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Should be fine yeah as bats would eat the adult mosquitos
Reply 96
A lichen isn't actually a plant though
Original post by CarefreeDreams
What was that Independent company question and why is it important?

I put they are a separate company from the drug company who could offer unbiased results/opinions.

Let me know what you put!

Yup I basically put that up

@Puddles the Monkey I haven't got my my computer up and I'm just using the TSR mobile site. I'll try and put up as many answers as possible very soon.
That was quick.. :lol:
what are the benefits of GM mosquitoes ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending