The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
For the malaria question I got 6.7% ????
Original post by Nik123Efimov
0.66666666667%. Or just 0.6%

I did the correct calculation apart from multiplying by 100. How many marks am I likely to get out of the 2, 1 or 0?
Original post by habeeb_00
No it was definitely faster per second

Posted from TSR Mobile

Travelling to the brain was 3cm per millisecond. Travelling to the CNS was 1.6cm per millisecond. Therefore, the brain is faster, as it travels 2.4cm further in a millisecond than the CNS.
Original post by InneRs
Is there even a question to ask you which one is faster?
The question below the calculation is asking you why is the brain faster.
It is because of less synapse

Whoops I wrote how relay neurones are faster goddamnit haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
[
i spoke about how rats show that there is sewage effluent as pollution .. would i get a mark?

i also got 66.6% for the mosquito questions, however i was shocked when i was told 0.6reccurring, I might have multiplied it by 100 twice i guess. Oh well.
Reply 145
Anyone know that feeling when the paper is really hard except for that 6 marker but your the only guy that misreads the question and writes about homeostasis ? No? Ah guess its just me
Was aiming for an A* looks like that has gone out the window !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dachessmystrezz
Travelling to the brain was 3cm per millisecond. Travelling to the CNS was 1.6cm per millisecond. Therefore, the brain is faster, as it travels 2.4cm further in a millisecond than the CNS.

Actually that makes sense. I think you're right.
Reply 148

That question was confusing... :frown:
what did people put for the malaria question about sentence 1 not being true in the article
Original post by 0lut0
Was the horse question about mutation or variation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mutations
What did everyone put for the animal indicator? I put lichen and that it determines level of sulphur dioxide in the air but apparently a lichen is a fungus and not an animal... Would I still get either of the marks?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
Amazing :bl:

How did it go for you? :h: :dumbells:

Surprisingly quite well thanks!!
Today has been a good exam day, French and biology where very nice :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by lilyflowerxoxo
What did people get for the question about all boys drinking and why was the hypothesis not valid??

I said because it was only tested on 100 people so not valid to say every boy drinks??

omg that makes sense, I wrote the neurones were longer so there would be less diffusion time :frown:
Reply 155
Original post by Dylanstickland
What did everyone put for the animal indicator? I put lichen and that it determines level of sulphur dioxide in the air but apparently a lichen is a fungus and not an animal... Would I still get either of the marks?

Am I the only that put Dog for that question loooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by gordon123
I said because it was only tested on 100 people so not valid to say every boy drinks??

That's what I wrote

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous1705
I did the correct calculation apart from multiplying by 100. How many marks am I likely to get out of the 2, 1 or 0?

Most likely 1
Reply 158
Original post by lunaticash19995
Are you sure?

Yeah it was 80cm over 50s to get 1.6cm/milliseconds compared to 12cm over 4ms to get 3cm/ms
Question about temp senser instead of thermoneter was its more accurate right ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending