The Student Room Group

Has anyone here ever gotten an A although you didn't finish the paper?

I'm feeling really down right now, I just had my Bio paper 4 earlier today and I left out about 20+ marks worth of questions because I just had NO IDEA what to write.
And for the questions that I did answer, I mostly just made up some random stuff so I'm not sure I'll even pass.

Have you guys ever been in the same situation? I've been balling my eyes out the whole day... SO mad.
Firstly whats the paper out of? If you missed 20 marks out of 100, not too bad. Out of 50? Well depends on UMS but probably no A for you.
You're probably just overreacting when you say you guessed half the paper. Chances are, things aren't as bad as you think they are. But still, no way to know until results day, I suppose. You could go crazy trying to pick everyone else's mind to find out what you got wrong, but I wouldn't recommend it.
When I did my GCSEs, I didn't finish one of the Chemistry papers or either of the RE papers, and I still managed to get an A overall for both subjects. There's no point worrying about that exam now, just try and do as well as you can in the others, and it's still possible you could get an A overall :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by vadermolt1
Firstly whats the paper out of? If you missed 20 marks out of 100, not too bad. Out of 50? Well depends on UMS but probably no A for you.
You're probably just overreacting when you say you guessed half the paper. Chances are, things aren't as bad as you think they are. But still, no way to know until results day, I suppose. You could go crazy trying to pick everyone else's mind to find out what you got wrong, but I wouldn't recommend it.

It was out of 80. I don't know though, everyone else I asked said that it was ok, but they did find it a bit more difficult than past papers they've done. Basically no one messed up as bad as I did. Ugh.
Reply 4
Original post by Leviathan1741
When I did my GCSEs, I didn't finish one of the Chemistry papers or either of the RE papers, and I still managed to get an A overall for both subjects. There's no point worrying about that exam now, just try and do as well as you can in the others, and it's still possible you could get an A overall :smile:

Yeah I would be so happy if I got an A! The thing is, that was my last paper so I can't do well in the next paper or something. My other papers were ok though.
*I'm being realistic, not negative here, please don't get angry*

If you missed 20 marks, that's 1/4 of the paper, so you would get 75% if you got everything else on the paper right
Be realistic with yourself, you'll still probably pass but you shouldn't get your hopes up for an A :frown:
Reply 6
You don't really know until the grade boundaries come out and get your results.
What's done is done so you should focus on the exams you have next rather than worry about this one.
Reply 7
I missed out three pages just due to time! Im beating myself up over it so bad 😭 Can you resit biology?
Reply 8
Original post by JessThomas6
*I'm being realistic, not negative here, please don't get angry*

If you missed 20 marks, that's 1/4 of the paper, so you would get 75% if you got everything else on the paper right
Be realistic with yourself, you'll still probably pass but you shouldn't get your hopes up for an A :frown:

yeah well I definitely did not get everything else on the paper right xD oh well.
Reply 9
Original post by aamirac
You don't really know until the grade boundaries come out and get your results.
What's done is done so you should focus on the exams you have next rather than worry about this one.

Well yeah that's true..
Reply 10
Original post by Zhux
I missed out three pages just due to time! Im beating myself up over it so bad 😭 Can you resit biology?

Don't worry I miss out like two pages and some other 6 mark questions too 😂 yeah I guess, the Oct/Nov paper?

Quick Reply