The Student Room Group

*[B1] Official AQA Biology Unit 1 Exam (17th May)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by asdfghjkl9846
i got 0.6% too, hoping its right.

It is right :smile:
Reply 141
hi guys that exam was totaliiy different
I wrote outside the lines will I get marked down? 😱
What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present
Reply 144
A company with no relation to the production company and will not gain anything from production of the drug i think
Original post by Simona 23
I wrote outside the lines will I get marked down? 😱

Do not worry, I did the exact same. As long as you did not write out of the large box (i.e. where there was a notice at the top saying Do Not Write in this Margin), you'll be fine
Original post by sim2103
A company with no relation to the production company and will not gain anything from production of the drug i think

I probably got that wrong! I put a company that does not have any other ties with other companies (thus allowing results to be more reliable and accurate)
Ok 👌🏻 thank you.
What is the pass mark? I know from last year it was 18?... Is it still the same?
Original post by Redcoats
What did you get for the following:

The question about the brain coordinated response and spinal cord response (why is there a difference in speed of coordination)

The one about interpreting the scatter diagram (what is the distribution of no stripe and and lightly coloured in woodland and grass)

Finally, the successive question about why the above distribution was present

I said if there's no relay neurones it will be quicker as it takes time to travel across the relay neurone, and also takes time to diffuse across a synapse.

I said dark, striped ones live in the woodland and the light ones live in grassy areas but I thought this was too obvious?

I'm sure the question you mean is why is the woodland snail that colour? I put for camouflage.
I put the exact same apart from the first answer. I thought the question asked why it was faster for the spinal cord coordination which HAS the relay neurone.
what was the answer to the last question??
Original post by bellasaara640
what was the answer to the last question??

Mayfly larvae/ bloodworms/ rat tailed maggots

Sensitive to water pollution

Another way to measure water pollution is using a dissolved oxygen meter
I found the 6 mark question easy i found the last to Hard though what about everyone esle

Posted from TSR Mobile
We have an unofficial mark scheme and chat about the exam here on TSR :h:
Reply 155
Well I'm gonna go live with the snails cause I just failed that exam. I don't think AQA could find anyone who knew biology so they got a random drunk business snail to write the paper
Reply 156
Was lichens and air pollution wrong
Original post by underdog649
lool no reply know im right

Lol, nah bro :smile: I have no social life, and never have tbh :smile:

Original post by _Xenon_
Obviously not. :/

I don't have any friends in real life because I can't make friends. In school I do be with a few people but I'm so different from everyone. :frown:

I don't go out either. I don't think you'll have good advice for me because nobody ever does.

same, it's like for me, I've never been sociable. Plus, I have a stammer, so it's really really hard to communicate :smile:
I put that too XD, and for the second bit, I put mass spectrometry. It was a complete guess!!! XD

Original post by Heshs
Was lichens and air pollution wrong
#SPOILER ALERT!!!
The 6 marker is about the 7 food groups!

Quick Reply

Latest