The Student Room Group

2016 AQA Biology Unit 1 - Unofficial Mark scheme 2016

Scroll to see replies

AQA seemed to have stepped up the game they changed the design and some questions were not in specification such as independent company. Specification seemed to not play a part that much. I do think it was too long and how there was a lot of reading to do meant less time to answer. In the end there was no time to go through and check.
Original post by AQAKMN**
I think this was because none of the categories were at 100% and any single boy could be represented in multiple bars

I put similar (that the categories weren't exclusive).
Original post by Paba21
What was the reason a scatter graph is used?

I wrote continuous data - but i don't think that's right :s-smilie:
I also put that their is a lot of data
WHAT DID YOU SAY ?
I put data was continious for the scatter graph question? Was I right?
did anyone say the woodland snails were dark for camouflage? i also missed out fibre in my 6 mark question, but included carbs, fats, proteins, water, vitamins
Original post by Ads.m
go kys.

mate don't be mad that you are intellectually inept.. You should have revised harder rather than cramming the night before.

idiot...
Reply 246
Original post by Paba21
What was the reason a scatter graph is used?

To see if there is a correlation, used for comaprison
Original post by lunaticash19995
I thought you had to times by 100

It was 0.0067 x 100 so 0.67%
Original post by jazz_xox_
did anyone say the woodland snails were dark for camouflage? i also missed out fibre in my 6 mark question, but included carbs, fats, proteins, water, vitamins

Yes i did :smile:
Reply 249

I said that the dark shells were used for camouflage from predators :smile:
Found the exam quite easy if I'm being honest, expecting high grade boundaries :frown:
Reply 251
Original post by zanner
NOW I CAN confirm my failure

i wrote that bc both variables are continuous or something idk

If they are continuous, it should be a line graph.
I put because they are discontinuous
Original post by Obnox
To see if there is a correlation, used for comaprison

I'm pretty sure it was to show the distribution of organisms
GUYS how were we meant to know what an independent company was ?!??

pretty sure the grass snails were dark
I did ALL of this and then changed it to 66% because I thought it was too small an answer :frown:!!

Yeah. I think the answer was just 6% since it would have made more sense when we looked at the two numbers of people that had malaria and those that died
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Maybe grade boundaries will be low this year? (I really, really hope so :frown:)

the june 2012 boundaries are GOALS

i've lost 6 marks for definite already :afraid:
for the making the mosquitoes genetically modified:

The useful gene is cut out using enzymes and then inserted into the male mosquito at an early stage of development. The new gene will continue to develop as the mosquito grows??
Reply 258
Original post by B3ASTy
I'm pretty sure it was to show the distribution of organisms

Both seem like good answers
Original post by lunaticash19995
I don't think we are allowed to make one right now. We have to wait at least 24 hours.

No, we're allowed to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending