The Student Room Group

How did the French GCSE Exam go?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by twhiddy
Same, I found Reading easier than Listening by miles!

really? I found the reading quite hard.. i hate gap fills omg
Original post by twhiddy
I put down 1979 as the year and 250 euros but I'm not sure :frown:

Same on both!
Original post by wildjones
I just guessed since it began with "S" and they were talking about beaches haha! Oh, and what did you get for the highest price of the solar chargers? It said "vingt cent cinquante" and that means twenty hundred and 50! Would that be 250 or 2050 euros?
My coursework is 34/40 for speaking and 36/40 for writing. You?

Original post by twhiddy
I put down 1979 as the year and 250 euros but I'm not sure :frown:

I did wjec too and if I remember correctly it said vingt a cent cinquante Euros which means from 20 to 150 Euros. The question asked for the most expensive so I think the answer was 150. I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think the grade boundaries for the listening at least will be quite high. Last year it was 37 for an A*.
Original post by erosesme
Haha no idea why the heck i put heat..when its talking about solar charging oops. And it said vingt a cent cinqante so you had to pick either 20 or 150, because it said in the question 'what was the highest you could pay' or something. Thats insane well done! My speaking is 33/40 and my writing is 40/40

That was an easy mistake to make, like when have we ever learned about sand haha. Oohhh that makes sense now! I was really confused for ages! Guess I lost that mark then haha!
Whoa well done on that! How did you get full marks, wow:smile:
Reply 44
Original post by Taahira_
That listening paper though for edexcel was so annoying OMG!! But the reading paper was decent even though i have a feeling I will probably get a b because of that last question... that stupid word demenager or a similar word I can't remember kept on popping up and I had no idea what it meant! So yeah totally guessed the last question but overall it was decent - they could have made it hard for reading but thank The Lord they didn't ! Oh and I wanted to ask on the last question for the higher reading paper did they find the cat in May or April :/ I said May but still not sure

Omg that word though...degmenerrjejdbd or whatever the hell it was. :/ absolutely kicked butt. And yeah it was may i think cos in the text it said something about one month later, and may's after april which is when Envo, the stupid ass 'chat' went missing so y'know... Also for the last one i said something about how they couldbt believe he found his way home...But yeah over all that paper was just amazing. Loved it
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by silver_sloth
I did wjec too and if I remember correctly it said vingt a cent cinquante Euros which means from 20 to 150 Euros. The question asked for the most expensive so I think the answer was 150. I also hate to be the bearer of bad news but I think the grade boundaries for the listening at least will be quite high. Last year it was 37 for an A*.

The grade boundaries are always crazy in French, I'm happy enough getting Cs or Bs tbh:colondollar:
really? I found the reading quite hard.. i hate gap fills omg

I spent the most time on the gap fills, I found that the hardest question on that paper!! I hated the Listening on, I can't believe I forgot chanter was singer fml!!

Same on both!

Phew! :smile:

Have you got an unofficial mark scheme? I really want an A :frown:
Original post by twhiddy
I spent the most time on the gap fills, I found that the hardest question on that paper!! I hated the Listening on, I can't believe I forgot chanter was singer fml!!

Phew! :smile:

OH MY GOD CHANTER IS A SINGER FOR GODS SAKE I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE!!! I went mind blank so just put teacher hahahaha
That was an easy mistake to make, like when have we ever learned about sand haha. Oohhh that makes sense now! I was really confused for ages! Guess I lost that mark then haha!
Whoa well done on that! How did you get full marks, wow:smile:

Dont worry haha i missed the sand mark! Thank you, and yourself! I basically devoted my life to learning it off by heart with numerous whiteboards haha:smile:
OH MY GOD CHANTER IS A SINGER FOR GODS SAKE I FORGOT ABOUT THAT ONE!!! I went mind blank so just put teacher hahahaha

OH MY GOD YOU PUT TEACHER OMGGGGG SAMEEEE!!!! I just heard "Sofia adore l'ecole" and I was just trying to figure out what chanter was so I just put down teacher because she said she liked school ahahahahah
Original post by twhiddy
OH MY GOD YOU PUT TEACHER OMGGGGG SAMEEEE!!!! I just heard "Sofia adore l'ecole" and I was just trying to figure out what chanter was so I just put down teacher because she said she liked school ahahahahah

oOh my god no way twins!!! hahaha thats creepy yeah me too! god sake chanter that is such an obvious one aswell, i blame the recording!! im sure we will have done ok!:smile: whats your next exam?
Original post by ~Lily~
Omg!! Good news: Reading Paper (Higher Edexcel) was beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. The easiest **** I've ever attempted.

Bad news: Listening paper. Need I say more?
WHY OH WHY OH WHY.

yeah, I can completely relate to that :biggrin:
Original post by Rof74
I got something like 'they got dedicated parking spots' and 'free entry at a barrier' 😂 I'm not sure if it's right

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got 'they don't have to waste time paying' :colondollar: haha that was a hard one
Original post by twhiddy
Have you got an unofficial mark scheme? I really want an A :frown:

I wish, that was the only question I remembered and was sure on. The gap fill killed me, I spent so much time learning tricks and grammar to answer that one and I couldn't use any of it. I just hope my guesses will pay off
Anyone do WJEC lol?

Yeah, did you have any problems with the listening? Our school is thinking of complaining to the exam board!!
Anyone do WJEC lol?

I did ! How did you find it? I didn't like the reading
Original post by darce_pll
Yeah, did you have any problems with the listening? Our school is thinking of complaining to the exam board!!

What problems did you have???
The only thing that went wrong in my exam was that the windows were open and the exam overlapped with break. There was a whole question I didn't hear because it was too loud outside. And of course they couldn't stop it or replay it...
Reply 58
Original post by salty670
did anyone else find it weird that they changed the design of the french AQA papers ?
Yh it was well hard and the layout was messed up ughhh

What? Why WJEC ? Why is the grade boundaries so high? Well at least I got 150 for that question so there's some hope! Did you like the papers?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending