The Student Room Group

French listening igcse aqa: What the hell

That paper was solid.
Learning about pollution and crime and the questions end up being about vaping and selfies.

If I get a 15/40 on that paper, then I'm having a party, because I'd be buzzing if I get anywhere near a pass.

How did anyone else find it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
so the igcse paper was the same as the gcse one ?
It was definitely not what I expected and I don't think I'll be getting as high of a mark I was aspiring for. I swear I think the exam boards are just ****ing with us since we're the last year to do the "old" GCSEs. First I had a whole paper about bees for English Language and now a paper about selfies in French. Great. Just great.
Reply 3
Original post by salty670

If it is, should I be learning about "****" for my AQA German GCSE?
Original post by salty670

It's different I think. The GCSE one is often easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by I'm_infires
It was definitely not what I expected and I don't think I'll be getting as high of a mark I was aspiring for. I swear I think the exam boards are just ****ing with us since we're the last year to do the "old" GCSEs. First I had a whole paper about bees for English Language and now a paper about selfies in French. Great. Just great.

I don't have any idea what's going on but my teachers reckon the grade boundaries will be low af. Our entire year was predicted A* and now we're doubting the ability to get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hxfsxh
I don't have any idea what's going on but my teachers reckon the grade boundaries will be low af. Our entire year was predicted A* and now we're doubting the ability to get a B

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same about my predictions it was definitely the hardest French paper I have ever done ...
Original post by leopard923
Posted from TSR Mobile
Same about my predictions it was definitely the hardest French paper I have ever done ...

Compared to the 2015 paper, that one was nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile
For A LOT of the questions, I'd listened to therecording twice but still had no idea what to write so I was making up so much bs :redface:
Like i was lost on q2, school subjects, that whole thing on Dakhar or whatever and basically everything :/
Original post by hxfsxh
Compared to the 2015 paper, that one was nothing

Posted from TSR Mobile

Really :eek: I didn't understand the stuff about the orange badge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by surina16
For A LOT of the questions, I'd listened to therecording twice but still had no idea what to write so I was making up so much bs :redface:
Like i was lost on q2, school subjects, that whole thing on Dakhar or whatever and basically everything :/

The entire thing was a joke
Sorry guys, but for some reason my school found that the listening wasn't really that hard and that the reading was very easy. I think it was possible to even get full marks in the reading. I predict 34-35 for A* reading and 33 for listening.
Does anyone know the mark scheme?
Reply 13
Original post by hxfsxh
It's different I think. The GCSE one is often easier.

Posted from TSR Mobile

WELL I HAD THE GCSE one and it was the worst thing ive done in my life

also contained e-cigs and selfies

same paper?
Any one have the AQA IGCSE mark scheme?
Original post by zanner

same paper?

No idea, probably or just similar questions
Original post by zanner

same paper?

nah ours didn't contain anything about e-cigs but it was brutal :redface:
Original post by leopard923
Really :eek: I didn't understand the stuff about the orange badge ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it was about toll booths on the motorway
Reply 18
Original post by 1jonam16
Sorry guys, but for some reason my school found that the listening wasn't really that hard and that the reading was very easy. I think it was possible to even get full marks in the reading. I predict 34-35 for A* reading and 33 for listening.

Dude have you done the AQA IGCSE reading already? If so pm please!
Reply 19
You know AQA is screwing with you when you go to the best boys school in the country and the most intelligent kid you know there finds it hard.:angry:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending