The Student Room Group

Did you guys find AQA B1 hard?

It appears that most of the hate is towards some silly questions that were brought up rather than the overall difficulty of the paper, apart from some "i've failed!" posts. How did you guys find it apart, from the silly questions :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

I don't think it was hard, but I don't think it can differentiate between C grade and A* students as there was basically no knowledge needed. I'm so annoyed, I learnt every single topic, but many next time I'll revise about drunk rats
I thought it was hard, a lot of applied knowledge :s-smilie:
Reply 3
it was seriously really hard anyone know wat the grade boundraies might be plz reply if u know thanksz
i disliked how they worded the questions. I think it just annoyed me honestly. especially that last bloody question
Original post by Z4r4
it was seriously really hard anyone know wat the grade boundraies might be plz reply if u know thanksz

you dont find out about grade boundaries until they release the result but then i think i think A* should be around 43/60. Thats me giving an educated guess though
I thought it was quite easy, however it pissed me off that most of the questions weren't in any of the textbooks i was revising from.

And those ****ing mosquito questions, how the **** am i meant to know about mosquito larvae?
Reply 7
Original post by muffindodge
I thought it was quite easy, however it pissed me off that most of the questions weren't in any of the textbooks i was revising from.

And those ****ing mosquito questions, how the **** am i meant to know about mosquito larvae?

the diagram showed mosquito larvae, something to do with the start of the chain is not larvae, but what it eats eg the flowers
Original post by idrathernotsay
i disliked how they worded the questions. I think it just annoyed me honestly. especially that last bloody question

the last question was actually quite easy, you just had to name species that appear if there is pollution e.g lichens or mayfly larva
Reply 9
the last question was actually quite easy, you just had to name species that appear if there is pollution e.g lichens or mayfly larva

lichens aren't animals I think, you can use mayfly and I said the rat tailed maggot. but i didnt read the question so i just explained how the rat tailed maggot works
well rip me, i just put about lichens and air pollution
Original post by Z4r4

Grade boundaries start at 50 for an A* but I think they will go down because it was a more difficult paper. However if the mark scheme is more lenient to vague answers (which I think they may be) the boundaries will only slightly decrease. I think it will be 46 or 47 for an A* and around 55 for 100 UMS.
Reply 12
eh i wouldnt worry about it, looks like everyone is doing poorly so low grade boundaries :u:
well rip me, i just put about lichens and air pollution:frown:. i guess i will have to wait until august to see how i did
Reply 14
obv dont take my word for it, aqa could count lichens as animals! i may just be an idiot

i said lichen but then my friend told me that it said animal in the question which pissed me off... if only i had said a polar bear
Reply 16
btw lichens is correct because it is indicator for air pollution and
so is mayfly lava correct because it is an indicator for water pollution
i know these two are definetly correct
I found it quite difficult. The ONE thing I didn't revise for was diet because I was like what are the chances of that coming up at all, let alone as a SIX MARKER :/
I got the whole of the last page wrong as well :frown: Didn't know why a scattergraph was used and put lichen but apparently it said 'animal' in the question :colonhash:
Original post by surina16
I found it quite difficult. The ONE thing I didn't revise for was diet because I was like what are the chances of that coming up at all, let alone as a SIX MARKER :/
I got the whole of the last page wrong as well :frown: Didn't know why a scattergraph was used and put lichen but apparently it said 'animal' in the question :colonhash:

I think it was like:

Invertebrate:
Environment Pollution:
lol if you guys think GCSE bio is bad just wait till A2 now that's when it gets beyond ridiculous and the ISA's are impossible to get a good mark in without cheating imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending