C - 30/60
D - 18/60
Original post by Redcoats
My result:

Minimum: 52/60
Maximum: 60/60
Realistic: 54-55/60

I'm really unhappy with that

Very nice that AQA had it expressed marked for you. Well done on your amazing grade! /sarcasm
Nah don't think so because it said the brain controls all the organs in the head so don't think they'd allow eyes
What even was that malaria question...
In all the past papers I did I had 20 mins at the end but this one i was working right up to the hour.
AQA are savages.

Nothing about plant hormones, menstrual cycle or pathogens/vaccine and a balanced diet question for 6 marks...

LMAO!
Reply 385
It was ok but I ran out of timeeee
Original post by MCArth
It was 0.6% recurring.

I remember the question.

It was 3*10^8 people get malaria and 2*10^6 died from it.

To work out a percentage you take the lower number and divide it by the higher number and then * by 100.

There you get

(2/3 * 10^6/10^8) * 100

2/3 * 10^6/10^8 is 2/3 * 10^-2.

This is 0.006 recurring.

However then you times by 100 since it is a percentage.

This leaves you with 0.6% recurring of people dying.

What if I just wrote 0.6 and not 0.6 recurring
Reply 387
for the second question about drugs where it said why would it be hard for someone to stop smoking, you can say addiction right?
Original post by 0lut0
Was the horse question about mutation or variation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

All the mark schemes from past papers i've seen have given a mark for either, since mutation causes variation :smile:
I won't lie, the first set of questions threw me off which made me lose out on time!
Original post by Jobayori
My Predictions:
CAP (Full UMS) - 54/60
A* - 49/60
A - 43/60
B - 37/60
C - 30/60
D - 18/60
i don't think it would be that high especially to get a B:s-smilie:
Original post by Perfection Ace
AQA are savages.

Nothing about plant hormones, menstrual cycle or pathogens/vaccine and a balanced diet question for 6 marks...

LMAO!

Rah, I had revised for plants and menstrual cycle for so long, tfw it didn't even come up 😡

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jobayori
My Predictions:
CAP (Full UMS) - 54/60
A* - 49/60
A - 43/60
B - 37/60
C - 30/60
D - 18/60

are you mad
Original post by habeeb_00

Skin is sense organ for spinal cord

Do you think putting Eyes for the sense organ is still correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone got an idea what the foundation grade boundaries will be
Original post by Ads.m
for the second question about drugs where it said why would it be hard for someone to stop smoking, you can say addiction right?

Yes

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Redcoats
The question about brain coordination and spinal coordination - WHAT WAS THE QUESTION ABOUT RELAY NEURONE. I think I misread it and have lost 2 marks!!!!!!

The question was asking whether impulses travelling to the brain or impulses travelling to the cns was faster, and I think it asked why? I'm a bit hazy but the answer was that the impulses to the brain were faster due to them travelling 3cm/millisecond, whereas impulses to the cns travelled 1.6cm/millisecond. It travelled more in the same time.

If it did ask why, the reasoning would be that due to a lack of a relay neurone, the impulse would not be converted chemically as it wouldn't have to diffuse over two synapses (which takes some time).
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 397
Original post by Ads.m

I said the nicotine in cigarettes act directly on the brain and thats what makes it addictive, so yeah
Reply 398
Original post by Ads.m

Probably I put that their body becomes dependant on it.
The mark scheme might say ignore addiction though but idk

Posted from TSR Mobile
There were so many topics that weren't on the paper!, didn't see much real biology tbh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending