The Student Room Group

iGCSE biology edexcel May 17th predictions

Scroll to see replies

Lets just hope that its going to be easy :\...
GOOD LUCK FOR THE EXAM EVERYONE!!!!!:bumps::bumps::bumps:
:frown::frown::frown::frown: currently sat here reevaluating my life choices
How did you find it???

Posted from TSR Mobile
harder than last years 2015 but some questions were okay, estimated for grade boundaries??
Original post by maths_geek234
harder than last years 2015 but some questions were okay, estimated for grade boundaries??

Ugghh I ran out of time!!!
Reply 226

id say in the 74-76% for an A* range. it was definitely harder than last years, but a lot of people found last years easy, yet our teacher told us that was a hard exam because the boundary for last year was 75% for an A*.
if it was harder than last years then I'm thinking the grade boundaries are going to be pulled even lower I'd say 128/129 for A*

110 A

95 B
Reply 228
Original post by dance25
How did you find it???

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it went pretty good, the only question i was iffy about what the one about advantages of releasing less greenhouse gases. i just put there would be less heat trapped, meaning less global warming - because if heat is trapped then this would lead to more polar ice caps melting and causing floods, and also how they could kill plants like tress leading to the effects of deforestation (leaching, soil erosion etc.). I really think i messed up on that question :frown:

What did you guys put for that question? it was out of 5 marks
Reply 229
if it was harder than last years then I'm thinking the grade boundaries are going to be pulled even lower I'd say 128/129 for A*

110 A

95 B

those boundaries would be a god send :0 i pray those will be them haha, i personally believe along with all my friends it was a harder exam, by far.
Original post by escg
those boundaries would be a god send :0 i pray those will be them haha, i personally believe along with all my friends it was a harder exam, by far.

They have put grade boundaries like that in the past, so I have faith that they will be the grade boundaries
When will we find out what the grade boundaries are and our results?:bath:
What did you put for the variables for the children experiment question
Original post by escg
I think it went pretty good, the only question i was iffy about what the one about advantages of releasing less greenhouse gases. i just put there would be less heat trapped, meaning less global warming - because if heat is trapped then this would lead to more polar ice caps melting and causing floods, and also how they could kill plants like tress leading to the effects of deforestation (leaching, soil erosion etc.). I really think i messed up on that question :frown:

What did you guys put for that question? it was out of 5 marks

I said the same thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 234
Original post by Randomsome
What did you put for the variables for the children experiment question

that the amount of time they exercise for is kept the same, and that they all exercise at the same time (together) in order to keep the conditions the same. what about you?
Original post by escg
that the amount of time they exercise for is kept the same, and that they all exercise at the same time (together) in order to keep the conditions the same. what about you?

I said -age of the children
-temperature of room the heart rate was measure in.
Do you think they are correct?
Original post by James Gibbons

I said age of kids and amount of time exercising
Reply 237
Original post by James Gibbons

yup those should be, i think mine were incorrect haha. does anyone know if mine would be acceptable?
Guys we need a chem thread! For Thursday x
Original post by escg
yup those should be, i think mine were incorrect haha. does anyone know if mine would be acceptable?

I also wrote amount of time exercising, I think yours are right but the bio mark scheme is so random sometimes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending