The Student Room Group

CCEA French Listening

Did anyone do the French Listening today!? How was it? The last question was a bit rough imo

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did OCR gateway listening at question 4 and 5 were impossible
Reply 2
Yeah I did it. Found it terrible lol. Threw me off when they didn't repeat the last question like usual. Think I got the majority of the paper wrong. Why was he popular in English speaking countries? And what did you tick for the one where the doctor said she wanted to go abroad? I ticked the charity work one but I have no idea!
Not too bad, I actually preferred the format of the last question, as it's usually a couple of 2/3 mark questions, so I liked the way they split it up into little one markers haha!
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah I did it. Found it terrible lol. Threw me off when they didn't repeat the last question like usual. Think I got the majority of the paper wrong. Why was he popular in English speaking countries? And what did you tick for the one where the doctor said she wanted to go abroad? I ticked the charity work one but I have no idea!

I think I picked the charity work one aswell because I heard her mention 'pays pauvre' and 'bénévole', so I think that was right!
Reply 5
Original post by akrapovic
I think I picked the charity work one aswell because I heard her mention 'pays pauvre' and 'bénévole', so I think that was right!

Thank goodness haha! When I heard that I thought it meant she didn't care about pay:colondollar: Where did you write the singer was born? I said the suburbs of Brussels because the question said exactly (and bolded it) but everyone else just said Brussels! D:
Original post by T0ucan
Thank goodness haha! When I heard that I thought it meant she didn't care about pay:colondollar: Where did you write the singer was born? I said the suburbs of Brussels because the question said exactly (and bolded it) but everyone else just said Brussels! D:

I got the exact same! I was so pleased that I picked up on 'balieue' - suburbs, because nobody else seemed to. I thought that after he said Brussels he was saying the street address which panicked me a little, but it was his DOB haha! How did you find the rest of the paper?
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
I got the exact same! I was so pleased that I picked up on 'balieue' - suburbs, because nobody else seemed to. I thought that after he said Brussels he was saying the street address which panicked me a little, but it was his DOB haha!

Oh my goodness yay someone else got it! I think we smashed that question:hugs:It was the fact they said exactly that made me put in suburbs haha. For the last one I wrote there was a monument of him in a Brussels metro station?
Original post by T0ucan
Oh my goodness yay someone else got it! I think we smashed that question:hugs:It was the fact they said exactly that made me put in suburbs haha. For the last one I wrote there was a monument of him in a Brussels metro station?

C'est génial! I didn't really get that, I said that his name was on a plaque in a Brussels underground station and my friend said that they named the station after him? I remember vaguely hearing 'nom' so I kinda guessed that one!
Reply 9
C'est génial! I didn't really get that, I said that his name was on a plaque in a Brussels underground station and my friend said that they named the station after him? I remember vaguely hearing 'nom' so I kinda guessed that one!

After a bit of Googling I found that they named a station after him, so your friend definitely got it! For the one where the girl said about why she doesn't like the internet I wrote it hurts her eyes and she doesn't like sitting down but the latter was a complete guess lol.
Original post by T0ucan
After a bit of Googling I found that they named a station after him, so your friend definitely got it! For the one where the girl said about why she doesn't like the internet I wrote it hurts her eyes and she doesn't like sitting down but the latter was a complete guess lol.

Yeah I got sore eyes, but I guessed something like 'she cannot exercise/walk when using the internet' - hopeless guess!:frown::frown:
Reply 11
Yeah I got sore eyes, but I guessed something like 'she cannot exercise/walk when using the internet' - hopeless guess!:frown::frown:

Yeah I heard marché so I thought the same as you but didn't really know how to express it? Do you have any other CCEA exams this week :smile:
Original post by T0ucan
Yeah I heard marché so I thought the same as you but didn't really know how to express it? Do you have any other CCEA exams this week :smile:

Yeah, I have ICT tomorrow morning, and AQA Religious Studies in the afternoon. You?:smile:
Reply 13
Yeah, I have ICT tomorrow morning, and AQA Religious Studies in the afternoon. You?:smile:

Same! Except my RE is Matthew's Gospel with CCEA. I'm so scared for ICT, they always seem to throw weird stuff in it. Do you happen to know what a switch or a network interface card is? Almost all our lessons were on CAs so I had to self teach that bit and I don't really understand it :frown: I think search engines might come up a fair bit, they haven't been on for a while.
Original post by T0ucan
Same! Except my RE is Matthew's Gospel with CCEA. I'm so scared for ICT, they always seem to throw weird stuff in it. Do you happen to know what a switch or a network interface card is? Almost all our lessons were on CAs so I had to self teach that bit and I don't really understand it :frown: I think search engines might come up a fair bit, they haven't been on for a while.

Good luck, our school does AQA Religion because they say CCEA is wayyyy to difficult! Yeah a switch is basically a port that network cables plug into and it connects the computers on a LAN to the fileserver. It organises communication between the file server and the computer and can send data to a particular computer. A NIC is basically a card installed in a computer to allow it to connect to the LAN and communicate with other devices on the LAN. (It's where the network cables plug into). I have the most useless ICT teacher so I've self taught myself the course haha! For search engines, just make sure you know the various terms and methods of searching e.g wildcards, capital and small letters, plus and minus, order of importance, quotation marks and complex logic. ICT theory is so dull to learn as well!:frown:
Original post by T0ucan

Ah you guys seem to have done so well!! I wrote that his music was played in the metro station whoops ahah😂
I have ict tomorrow and I'm dreading the spreadsheet questions!!

Good luck!! I have ICT as well! But I had OCR rs yesterday!
Original post by chloecam29
Good luck!! I have ICT as well! But I had OCR rs yesterday!

ICT shouldn't be too bad! Remember that its only 40% and our CA tasks will hopefully bring up our grades. I'm just doing bits and pieces of revision now, hoping for the best. You'll be fine, just make SURE you get all the 1 mark questions because they should be easy.
Reply 18
Original post by chloecam29
Ah you guys seem to have done so well!! I wrote that his music was played in the metro station whoops ahah😂
I have ict tomorrow and I'm dreading the spreadsheet questions!!

Haha I wouldn't worry, my friend thought that instituteur meant murderer! I don't mind the spreadsheet questions so much I just don't like hardware really :frown:

ICT shouldn't be too bad! Remember that its only 40% and our CA tasks will hopefully bring up our grades. I'm just doing bits and pieces of revision now, hoping for the best. You'll be fine, just make SURE you get all the 1 mark questions because they should be easy.

Yeah, the acronyms are easy marks, hope there's a lot of them. I'm just briefly reading over the revision guide then I'll do a past paper tonight. I have the full 60% for the CA so that's good :biggrin: I'll need it haha. I'm taking software systems dev next year so I need to do well in ICT (even though they're not similar at all)!
What did everyone get for the one about where he wanted to stay and there were options of near trees and it was booked until the 2nd September etc

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending