The Student Room Group

IGCSE Edexcel Biology May 17th 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dRaGoN2509
CFCs are greenhouse gases, along with: water vapour, carbon dioxide, methane, and nitrous oxides.

I meant because I thought I remembered it saying name another, which made me think since CFCs is really a category rather than one gas, it wouldn't be accepted.
Reply 61
Original post by aubameya31
yeah

I said fish production increased and then I wrote by how much then I said meat production increased but there were fluctuations cause it decreased by like 1 million or something between 2010-2012
Original post by kabutowari
I meant because I thought I remembered it saying name another, which made me think since CFCs is really a category rather than one gas, it wouldn't be accepted.

It'd be pretty harsh if they didn't accept CFCs. I'm almost certain you'll get the mark.
I got 0.0075 as converted 90cm to m... Hope that's right! Found the rest of it fairly good
You get 0.75 if you do 90/120.. I don't know which one is right because I don't know if you have to convert it to metres or not.

of course it is 0.0075 why won't you convert it to metres?
Reply 65
We need a chemistry thread for thursday
It'd be pretty harsh if they didn't accept CFCs. I'm almost certain you'll get the mark.

cfcs or water vapour that's settled then...
I can't quite remember what the protective eye question was but was it sclera or conjunctiva, or both?
Original post by Johnnieb623
I can't quite remember what the protective eye question was but was it sclera or conjunctiva, or both?

The conjuctiva doesn't really protect the eye, it lubricates it. I put sclera, but technically it could also be the cornea.
Reply 69
Original post by Johnnieb623

Sclera I think
Reply 70
Found some of it quite hard but some of it quite easy. What did you all put for why athletes have a lower heart rate?
I put that he will transport more oxygen every breath because he uses anaerobic respiration so to avoid the heart having to beat constantly and quickly which may cause the arteries to be blocked, it beats less frequently but with more force to deliver more oxygen every time. Thus, lower heart rate..
Anyone agree?
Reply 72
Also the snail one and natural selection?
Is it ok if i put 7.5*10 to the power of -3 for that nerve question?
Reply 74
probably, but i put 0.0075 to be on the safe side
Original post by gameofno
Sclera I think

I put conjunctiva, what does the sclera protect the eye from? the conjunctiva makes more sense.

Also is sulfur dioxide not a greenhouse gas? That's what I put:s-smilie:
Reply 76
Original post by gameofno
Sclera I think

definitely conjunctiva the sclera is at the back of the eye
Original post by daisie
Also the snail one and natural selection?

Snail one I talked about how mutation caused lighter snail shell allele which acted as camouflage against the secondary consumer in the previous question, so these passed on their alleles to their children and the black snails became extinct
Original post by Year11Struggles
I put conjunctiva, what does the sclera protect the eye from? the conjunctiva makes more sense.

Also is sulfur dioxide not a greenhouse gas? That's what I put:s-smilie:

actually I put sclera too, its the white outer protective coating surrounding the eyeball

also I put sulfur dioxide as well?
Reply 79
It was my first ever igcse exam so I was so nervous that my hand writing looked so bad coz my hand was shaking, do u think they will cut marks for this?

Quick Reply

Latest